cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rocket hub internet down for 24 hours

Nick_s
I like it here

I'm in a rural location without many options for fast internet. Even with the best deal I can get, I spend HUNDREDS per month on my Rocket Hub service which allows my wife and I to both operate out of home offices. The service has been generally faster and more reliable than the satellite service we previously had, but colossally expensive in comparison.

However, even with the issues we had with satellite or any other previous service, we have NEVER experienced an outage lasting this long. It is now Monday morning, and my company issued Bell phone is working fine as are the kids Koodo phones.

If Rogers cannot provide either service or updates (I was promised we would be operational sometime yesterday) before start of business today I will have no choice but to make my first task of the day to cancel my Rogers service and start up with an alternative that is working.

***Edited Labels***

12 REPLIES 12

Re: Rocket hub internet down for 24 hours

RogersCorey

Hello @Nick_s!

Welcome to our Community!

I am sorry to hear that you're in the middle of a 24 hour interruption in service. Have you called in or reached out to us in any other way for support? In a situation such as this, we would have to troubleshoot and escalate a ticket for further investigation if we're unable to resolve it for you immediately.

There is the possibility here that our equipment on the nearest tower is damaged or malfunctioning, so we'd have to send out a tech under such circumstances.

If we haven't yet escalated a ticket for you and you're still without service, please PM us @CommunityHelps for full assistance. You can find instructions on how to PM us here.

Regards,

RogersCorey

rszabady
I've been here awhile

I'm also in Rural area and rely on my Rogers Rocket Hub for work from home office. 

I've basically been down for 2 days. this is not isolated to just Nick here. I think you have a general problem that needs to be addressed asap.

As with Nick i may need to look at an alternate service provider if this can't be fixed by tomorrow. 

Hello @rszabady,

Thank you for your post and Welcome to the Rogers Community Forums!

I know how important it is to stay connected at all times especially when you are working from a home office. We definitely do not want these type of connectivity issues to affect your occupation. 

I really hope that the issues that you and @Nick_s have been facing have been resolved since your last post. If it has not you can report these issues via our Network Aid Tool or send us a private message @CommunityHelps the next time you're online and we can take a closer look and escalate this matter for you.

For more information on our private messaging system check out our blog.

RogersTony

jwayne
I plan to stick around

Out of curiosity,do you not have a phone line to get service over?

bldoores
I've been around

ZTE Rocket hub - internet connection problems

Has anyone been having connection problems with ZTE rocket hub on Rogers?  I have been down for 24 hours. 

Good morning @bldoores!

A 24 hour interruption is certainly a long time to go without Internet... please accept my apologies. I'm not aware of any major outages impacting our Rocket Hubs so I will need to troubleshoot if you're still without a connection.

Please PM us @CommunityHelps for further support.

Regards,

RogersCorey

Our Rocket Hub has been down since yesterday, around the noon hour (EST).  Last night, did some troubleshooting.  The hub lights are all on, WiFi light is blinking, and reception is good.  Through my laptop, the wireless icon in the taskbar shows that I'm connected to the hub and connected to the internet.  All laptops, tablets and phones can not retrieve anything from the internet.  Tried battery pull, etc.., and no luck.  We have a back-up hub, brand new refurbished ZTE MF275R, so I swapped the battery and SIM card from the other hub.  No luck with that hub either.  Same lights are on, and WiFi light is blinking.

Will try and reach out to Rogers later today, but was wondering if others are experiencing issues.

Thanks.

Hello @nadine31,

As I heavily rely on Internet for work, I can definitely understand how inconvenient being without service can be. With that said, I'm not aware of an outage affecting our Rocket Hub users. 

Were you able to reach out to our tech team about this? If so, is there anything you can share with the Community of your findings?

Kind Regards

RogersCilio

Rocket hub mf275r not working

I live in a rural area(Rogers only services this area) and rely solely on my rocket hub for wifi. I have tried every way to reset it and it’s still not working. Everything is green and our devices are connecting to it, but the hub it self is not providing any internet. It has been just over 24 hrs. Has this happened to you? Any tips?

Good morning @Hannyhansen

It sounds to me like you've done everything you can on your end and we need to troubleshoot further with you. Being in a rural area, having consistent access to your methods of communication is pretty important, so please PM us @CommunityHelps so we can further assist.

If you're not familiar with our PMing process, you can find instructions here.

Regards,

RogersCorey

jwayne
I plan to stick around

I think I will wait till my next billing and see what that is like first before I complain to much.lololol

Sorry for the late update.  We did reach out to Rogers later that day.  It ended up being something on their side.  Problem solved.

Lesson learned:  It's a good thing to do some quick testing, locally at home (i.e. battery pull/hard reset, try back-up spare hub, etc...).  But once those options have been exhausted, there is value-added in calling/chatting with a Rogers customer rep.

Now, if I can figure out a way to convince Rogers to extend their cable service from the corner of our street 🙂  I simply can't understand why they wouldn't invest in extending the cable service (1.3km in total, to serve 18 homes)  Bell does not offer DSL.  Rogers has the monopoly in our area, and would most likely score 18 new customers (cable, internet, home monitoring, etc..)

Topic Stats
  • 12 replies
  • 3 Likes
  • 9 in conversation