cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rocket Hub vs Rural 25

Doubtfire
I've been here awhile

Has anyone done a conversion from one of the Rocket Hub plans to the Rural 25 plans?  I am currently on the Rocket Hub and with work at home my bills are unspeakable.  Has anyone switched and can comment on the speed and availability comparisons?

It says they need to install an antennae, why would that be needed, assuming that the modem is not antennae enabled?  I run a router internally to support the house so not worried about wi-fi capabilities of the Rogers equipment. 

***Added Labels***

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Rocket Hub vs Rural 25

Greetings @Althor56!

We offer Wireless Home Internet - Internet 25 and Internet 50 to rural homes outside our cable footprint in Ontario and British Columbia by using wireless network technology. Customers will have an antenna fixed outside their home to get the signal from a wireless tower to power their home internet.

If you are able to use a Rocket Hub or get a sufficient wireless signal that allows you to access our data network on your phone, you should have no issue getting a signal on either of these packages.

Regards,

RogersCorey

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

RogersCorey

Greetings @Doubtfire!

Welcome!

Hopefully someone in the Community can chime in for you on the speeds and their experience.

To answer your question with regards to WiFi coverage, the antennae attaches to our modem which provides WiFi in the home. As far as I'm aware, you should be able to bridge this modem to your router if you so choose.

That said, depending upon the age of your router, you might want to consider using the provided WiFi or upgrading your router to keep your connection optimal. Router technology has improved as of late!

Regards,

RogersCorey

Doubtfire
I've been here awhile

@RogersCorey thanks, today the rocket hub antennae are built into the hub so no additional equipment is needed.  My router is a brand new Linksys and a requirement as I have a bunch of masking and rules in place to hide things from the outside world.

Still haven't heard from the community on speeds 😞  I don't want to convert unless it's actually meeting 25MB as today that's what I am consistently getting on the hub and I'm on a grandfathered rate plan which I would lose if I switched.

Hi all,

I currently use the Rocket Hub and get a good signal with a booster.  My question is, if I can get a signal with the Rocket Hub, should I be able to get a signal for Rural 25?  Thanks for any comments

Greetings @Althor56!

We offer Wireless Home Internet - Internet 25 and Internet 50 to rural homes outside our cable footprint in Ontario and British Columbia by using wireless network technology. Customers will have an antenna fixed outside their home to get the signal from a wireless tower to power their home internet.

If you are able to use a Rocket Hub or get a sufficient wireless signal that allows you to access our data network on your phone, you should have no issue getting a signal on either of these packages.

Regards,

RogersCorey

Hi RogersCorey,

Thanks very much for the info.  My next question is how do I get customer service to allow me to sign up for the wireless service.  I keep getting told that I am in an area that doesn't allow the wireless service.  

Hi again @Althor56!

Without looking at your account, I cannot surmise as to why you can't sign up for this particular service. There is a dedicated team that supports it so they would be best to ask all your questions.

Feel free to send a private message to @CommunityHelps so we can assist you further. I can direct you to the dedicated team from there. For more information on how our Private Messaging system works, you can find out more here.  

Regards,

RogersCorey

Geezer
I plan to stick around

So I took Rogers up on their transition from ZTE router to the Mobile 25 service and guess what? The installer said no signal was available so I can not use it. Since you have promised Internet service for people in rural Ontario, what is the next plan you have in mind to rectify the "no signal available problem?" or do I have to cancel Rogers and get Bell or Telus instead?

Topic Stats
  • 7 replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 in conversation