Rocket Hub Data Usage

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

Rocket Hub Data Usage

I just got off the telephone inquiring about my most recent invoice for internet usage with my Rocket Hub on the Flex Plan.   I was away for 2 weeks of this last month's billing cycle.    My invoice was still for the same amount as I am normally billed.   This is impossible.  Yes, there was minimal usage while I was away, but I am the main user of internet and I can not believe there was the same amount of usage.    The person I spoke with said it was too difficult to figure out my usage for the month without doing a lot of adding of the individual units of time I spent online.   Well, what are you getting paid for?     I am unwilling to believe my usage was this high and vow to look for an alternative for my internet.    Is anyone else experiencing higher invoices for their internet usage?   Please let me know if you are and if you had any luck finding out if there has been an error or an on purpose overbilling of time.  I can't find anywhere to view my daily usage and they are unwilling to spend the time to add it up themselves.  So, I can't prove how much time I have actually spent online.  Thank you for letting me rant here.

***edited labels***

Highlighted
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: Rocket Hub Data Usage

Is any member of the Community able to help Meeshka1 out with their Rocket Hub usage question?

RogersDarrell

Highlighted
I've Been Around

A new user myself - VERY frustrated with the inability to access usage.
Seems designed to confuse, with clarity only AFTER the Rogers bill is posted.
In- Store Rogers staff may well be tech-savvy - but are SO bad at dealing with live humans.
A frustrating experience so far for me and my Rogers Rocket.
Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Not sure if the rocket hub can do each day to day usage like the landline.

But for the just total usage per billing cycle... you should just be able to log into your MYROGERS that has your account tied to it.
On the main overview page, there should be a listing for your device.
Clicking on it, should take it to a page, which show the total overall usage for that billing cycle.

Now, i have heard that often that until you go through one full billing cycle.. so in the first month, it may not work until that first bill.

Highlighted
I've Been Around

YES. I HAVE FOUND THAT THE DATA USEAGE ON MY HUB MAKES NO SENSE. I DONT BELIEVE WE ARE GETTING AN HONEST COUNT. IT MAY BE THE HUB. BUT MY USEAGE IS WAY OVER THE TOP. ROGERS WONT TAKE THE TIME TO INVESTIGATE. JUST PAY OR QUIT. SUX. I TURNED IT OFF FOR 24 hours and still got billed for USEAGE
I Plan to Stick Around

Perhaps the information in this post and thread may be of some help:

http://communityforums.rogers.com/t5/forums/forumtopicpage/board-id/MobileInternet/message-id/3162#M...

The Rogers billing cycle information is generally updated just once per day and shows your total usage as of midnight for the previous day. The billing cycle start and end times can also be confusing.

That said, I find the Rocket Hub MF275's statistics to be very accurate and use that to manage usage. I reset the hub's counters early on the first day of a new billing cycle before we have used signficant data. 

If I happen to miss rebooting the router early on the first day of the cycle I can still get an accurate usage estimate by recording my router's counter early on any other day and comparing it to the Rogers online value.  For example, if early on one day (before I have used significant data) Rogers says I have used 3.2 GB for the billing cycle and my router says I have used 5.2 GB, I can estimate my actual usage at any time in the billing cycle by subtracting 2.0 GB from the current value shown on my router.

I have used this method for over a year and always found my router's adjusted values and Rogers billing values to be within 0.2 GB of each other.