cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rocket Hub - DNS_PROBE_FINISHED_NXDOMAIN

rkw
I've been here awhile

When connected to my Rocket Hub, when I try to access a page, I get a DNS_PROBE_FINISHED_NXDOMAIN. After about 5 seconds, Chrome tries to reload the page and it works. Almost every page access causes at least one automatic reload, (sometimes it takes a manual refresh to get all the page elements loaded).

If I connect the same computer through my phone hotspot (also Rogers), this issue does not occur, nor does it occur with other Wifi connections. The issue occurs on other computers connected to the Rocket hub, but not with phones connected to it with Wifi. 

I have tried all the steps typically taken for a DNS_PROBE_FINISHED_NXDOMAIN problem such as those found here: https://kinsta.com/knowledgebase/dns_probe_finished_nxdomain/

Most of those assume the one computer is the issue, 

Any help would be appreciated.

*** Edited Labels ***

3 REPLIES 3

Re: Rocket Hub - DNS_PROBE_FINISHED_NXDOMAIN

RogersTony

Hello, @rkw

Thank you for posting your concern to the community!

This a very strange issue but we definitely want to investigate it for you. We'll need a bit more information from you to proceed.

• Can you confirm the OS and the model of the devices you are using?
  • Which version of Google Chrome are you using?
  • Have you tried using Incognito mode on chrome to see if there is any change?
  • Have you tried any other internet browser to see if the issue is persistent?
  • Are all of your devices up to date?

We look forward to your response!

RogersTony

rkw
I've been here awhile
  • Can you confirm the OS and the model of the devices you are using?
    • 2 Windows 10 PCs, latest updates applied - both have the problem
    • 1 Samsung S9 running Chrome - no issue
    • 1 iPhone 8 running Safari - no issue
  • Which version of Google Chrome are you using?
    • Latest - Version 97.0.4692.99 (Official Build) (64-bit)
  • Have you tried using Incognito mode on chrome to see if there is any change?
    • Same problem in Incognito mode
  • Have you tried any other internet browser to see if the issue is persistent?
    • Yes, problem occurs with edge
    • Problem also prevents OneDrive from connecting consistently
  • Are all of your devices up to date?
    • Yes

Note the the problem does not happen on any other WIFI network, nor when I connect to my Rogers phone as a hotspot.

Thanks.

Greetings @rkw!

Since this issue is specifically only impacting your Windows 10 PCs, lets focus our troubleshooting there. If this was a DNS issue with our service, I would expect that all your devices would be equally impacted.

I am surprised to hear that performing all the steps in that link did not fix it but nevertheless, I still suspect this to be a settings related issue with your Windows 10 PCs.

The next step I'd recommend is the nuclear option of resetting Windows 10 back to factory default settings. You can do this without deleting your files. Please try it out and let us know how it goes! 

Good luck!

Regards,

RogersCorey

Topic Stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 in conversation