Our rocket stick keeps disconnecting.

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

Our rocket stick keeps disconnecting.

We are in a remote area & our only source of internet is through our stick.  Lately, everytime we go to use the Mac our connection has been discontinued.  The only way we are able to reconnect is hard booting.  Any ideas/suggestions.

***Edited Labels***

Re: Our rocket stick keeps disconnecting.

Good day @Island_boy336,

Thank you for your post and Welcome to the Forums!

I can certainly understand how convenient it is to have access to wireless Internet in rural areas.

That being said, it must be very frustrating to experiences frequent disconnections.

When did the issue start?

How long have you had the rocket stick for?

Do you know if it is stilll covered by the one year manufacturer warranty?

Have you already talked to one of our technicians about the issue?

RogersMaude

I've Been Here Awhile

Our Rogers stick is approx 7 years old.  It is no longer covered by a warranty.  It has provided excellent service over the years.  This may be coincidental but recently Rogers notified us that service would be sporadically interrupted as they provide upgraded service.  It seems our problems started after that.  As I said it may be coincidental.  And no we have not spoken to a Rogers agent.

Thank you for confirming that information @Island_boy336!

I appreciate you taking the time to provide us with details.

You indicated experiencing the disconnects with your Mac, specifically.

Did you try your stick in any other device or laptop? If yes, do you have the same issue or no?

Thanks,

RogersMaude