New affordable Rocket Hub plan?

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: New affordable Rocket Hub plan?

Any update on your overage woes?

@the41stsidewrote:

So get this. I’m on Rogers flex heavy. I use like 200-250GB a month. Short version I had an agreement that my overage would cap at 50$. Insisted to have it written in my account notes. Because I stated to the agents multiple times on the phone... “so this is basically unlimited for 195$ plus tax.” They agreed and claimed to write it on my account file. 145$ for 100GB and 50$ of overage. This worked for 10 months roughly.

Second part of this story, hang in for me... I do tech support for my next door neighbor. Got him on flex heavy, he didn’t have the same agreement. He loves Netflix and uses it a lot. He watched over 200GB of Netflix last moth. So without notifying him, they shut his service off. He calls me, I identify that he’s been cut off. He calls Rogers angrily. Explains the deal that I get. Says he wants the same.

3rd part... About 1 minute after his angry call with Rogers tech support ends... the LTE service off the tower across the street goes out for our entire neighbourhood for 2 days. My next bill, after 10 strait months at 195$ plus tax.... 475$. Now the office of the president is investigating whilst trying to explain to me that this is NOT how overage works (50$ max). I said, tell that to your retention agents that agreed to it. Still under investigation, I will update after in this thread. Shady shady bad bad business.

Topic Stats