New affordable Rocket Hub plan?

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: New affordable Rocket Hub plan?

Hi @Geezer!

The above post wasn't directed at anyone in particular. This thread has been trending in that direction for awhile now! Just trying to steer it back on topic Smiley Happy

Regards,

RogersCorey

I Plan to Stick Around

@Geerer I completely understand how Rogers doesn’t want people promoting other services, but you have to understand people in rural areas are very limited in what we have to choose from. I have no problem with the speed, but as a family of 6, 100GB goes by pretty quickly!! As we, or I’m, asking for is more data! It’s costing me on average $200+ per month and Rogers won’t do anything about it, and they could easily do that.
I'm a Senior Advisor

If you find that you are unable to have this important discussion about your services, a very discussion that the government and CRTC are promoting, but while you are waiting, you are just looking for options.

You could take the discussion over to Digital Home, maybe @57 could suggest the best category over there, or maybe take it to the lounge for more open discussion.

Bruce

I Plan to Stick Around

I agree they could do something about it but they won't because in the grand scheme of things there are not enough of us. But! This also means that giving us more gbs will not cost them much in the long run. Still every time I inquire I get the same old tired excuse. Cellular is expensive to run, the system is still getting built out. In my area alone the same 5 towers have been here in the last 15 years. No building going on in my area.

Unfortunately, in the Canadian market with the limited number of players, providers can all act as one. All we can do as consumers is what we do right here in this forum. Continue to question the price of what we are getting. 

Personally I would prefer a set limit of bandwidth in the range of 300 to 500 gb. The flex plan is a problem when considering the tiers. You pay more per gb when you use less. In the top tier if you use 99gb your price per gb is $1.45 If you use 51 gb you are in the same tier your price is 2.84 per gb. Over the years with this pricing method I have become suspicious over who benefits the most. I'm thinking now it's not the consumer.

I Plan to Stick Around

Yeah I am also sick and tired of all of the excuses. It's almost 2018, The Rocket Hub data plan hasn't been updated in over 2 years. It's time that we were given a fair plan. 100 GB for $145.00 + Tax is way to high !

Rogers offer a plan that is more affordable with better data usage, if we were getting 500 GB usage per month for $145.00 then the price point wouldn't be bad. 145.00 dollars monthly for a 100 GB is excessive

Dear ROGERS I think its about time for a better priced/usage plan for the Rocket Hub.

I Plan to Stick Around

I completely agree!! 500GB would be a great start!! But don’t hold your breath!! My and I have called Rogers several times, and it’s the same old story, they will pass it on, but nothing ever changes!! Extremely frustrating!!
I Plan to Stick Around

You are absolutely correct! The tier system is rigged so that you will use more data, to get the best value, until you go over!! With their useless data tracker with a 12 hour delay!! It’s definitely the consumer that gets hosed!

And seriously, if you are in a rural area with not a lot of people, how many people are going to be using this cell service?? Ridiculous!!
I've Been Around

Im in Shelburne and Bell offers a plan for rural people, about 2 years now and it's $59/month for 100GB, awesom compared to what I was paying with Rogers. I'M PRETTY SURE YOU HAVE TO GO INTO YOUR LOCAL STORE TO GET IT. 

I Plan to Stick Around

Oh really, that’s very interesting. My neighbour has talked with Bell and they are only offering the same deal as Rogers. I will have to check that out. The $220 I keep paying Rogers is getting ridiculous. I wouldn’t complain so much if I only had more data.... Rogers???!
I've Been Around

i just called the bell store in my area and was told in was only offered in some areas. hopefully rogers follows suite or makes changes to their pricing for everyone

Topic Stats