New affordable Rocket Hub plan?

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: New affordable Rocket Hub plan?

I mean Rogers offers unlimited usage for $74.99 with a download speed of up 75Mbps for people who live in the suburbs or the city.  Customers who are dependent on the Rocket Hub are paying almost twice that for 100 GB. 

Also I am lucky if my Hub even connects at 5Mbps.

Rural Rogers Rocket Hub customers deserve a way better plan then we are getting.

Trust me Rogers all of your Rocket Hub Customers would like a better deal and it would be nice if you could finally make it happen.

Good morning @goodburgerpizza!

Thank you very much for the recommendation Smiley Happy

Regards,

RogersCorey

I Plan to Stick Around

I have been a loyal Rogers Rocket  Hub Internet customer since 2011, I was paying $90+ tax for 20 gig monthly usage and every gig I went over I paid an extra 10 dollars. I put up with that for 5 years until I found out about the newer 100.00 Gigs for 145.00+ tax package.  

I still believe Rocket Hub customers are getting hosed and there should be no reason or excuse that Rogers cannot offer us Rocket Hub users a fairer and  better usage plan, like seriously it is almost 2018 ! 

If we could get 500 Gigs usage for 110.00 + tax a month I wouldn't be complaining.  

I think I'm going to start looking at other options, The Lack of effort on Rogers' part is starting to get a bit annoying and frustrating.

I Plan to Stick Around

I completely agree with you! We are definitely getting hosed!! I have the $145 package and keep going over. We have a family of 6, which works out to about 500MB/ person per day.

I have called them a few times asking for more data, and they just simply will not give it to us.

It’s extremely frustrating, when their 250GB cable internet is $70 and they get 1.5 times the data then we do, for half the price. I know that we have a premium service, but it’s all we can get!! I would even pay the $145 for even 250GB, would prefer 500, but 250 would be an excellent start.
I've Been Here Awhile

We need a 250GB/500GB plan option Rogers - at least

Telus has a way better offer!

I Plan to Stick Around

Yes we absolutely do need more data!!! But unfortunately they don’t care!! Try submitting a complaint to the CRTC, maybe the more complaints we have, something might be done.

I Plan to Stick Around

Everyone who feels strongly about rural people being hosed by Internet providers should contact their local town council members. Here in rural North Halton our reps are sounding out all the providers that service our area and trying to persuade them to send some of the enormous excess bandwidth they have at their disposal our way.

Now it is time for Rogers to step up to the plate!

I Plan to Stick Around

I’m in the Halton Hills area and there is the survey about rural internet as well. I have tried Standard Broadband, but I needed a 75’ free standing tower at a cost of $7000. Xplornet is useless, I have had there satellite internet before, they also still have a 100GB limit but they don’t charge for going over, they just slow it down.

Hey folks!

Although we do encourage the conversation here, let's be wary of our Community Guidelines. Please try to avoid overtly promoting any kind of product or service.

To review our Community Guidelines please refer to this link: Community Guidelines and always remember that you can find our most up to date offerings here.

Regards,

RogersCorey

I Plan to Stick Around

I guess my message indeed sounded like a promotion. Sorry, it is unintended. I can't promote Standard Broadband because I have not even tried it yet and have no idea whether it is even a viable alternative to Rogers. On the other hand, Rogers may be costly in terms data use, but from my perspective it is extremely reliable and fairly fast (not nearly in the same ball park as fibre optic cable mind you, but fast enough for my needs). If they would only lower the cost of data overruns or offer a plan that is more attractive for heavy users in rural areas I'd be a very happy camper.

Topic Stats