New affordable Rocket Hub plan?

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: New affordable Rocket Hub plan?

I didn't say Xplornet was the be all and end all, I said the speed sucked; but it's a reasonably priced per GB compared to Rogers. The dish installer had an ad in the local paper stating up to 25Mbps download with the new satellite. When he came back to install a $30 router he sold me for $60 (another story), I had the wife ask when/if it would be available in our area, he said March or April.

I've had a rocket hub since 2011, and I had a rocket stick prior to that. Back then the forums were full of people complaining about slow or intermittent connections, congested networks etc. I didn't really experience any of that, excepet when I first got the stick. I signed up in late fall because I saw a notice that a tower would be constructed nearby. The stick worked great all winter until spring; once the snow melted and the leaves started coming on, it stopped working. When I called Rogers they said there wasn't a tower within 30km of me and that I had to be within 5km of a tower for the stick to work. I was allowed to return the stick and I had to wait 2 years before the tower was actually built.

In the end, each network will go through growing pains and the customers may suffer, but I hope Xplornet goes on to great things. I hope the same for Rogers and that prices will soon come down for others; it was a great service for me, it's just not affordable any more.

I Plan to Stick Around

Update . . . . . .

Well, cancelled Rogers service and sticking with the similar Telus offering.  Details above re: price difference pretty much the only reason for the change.  Telus 'does' vary slightly more than Rogers; Rogers for me being incredibly consistent and high data transfer rates.  Telus varies and is slightly slower, but relatively speaking the service is still very good (lowest rates down/up to date on the order of 15GB/9GB but average over the past couple weeks is about 20/10 . . . . certainly transfer rates that handle my needs).

So keep the ZTE hub from Rogers and if some move down the road have options of either with hardware on hand.  But for the future as of now, it is Telus. 

Good luck folks.

I Plan to Stick Around

What province are you located in?  I'm in Ontario and went to Telus's website and they only offer upto 10GB/month.  I'm so sick of Rogers 100GB data cap.  I'm usually paying $200 or more, because we keep going over!!

I Plan to Stick Around

I'm in Alberta.  And it turns out that unless I've misunderstoodk a recent discussion with them, the service is only offered to customers in BC/AB.   Why, I've no idea . . . .

I Plan to Stick Around

A rather good thread on this . . . . .

http://forums.redflagdeals.com/telus-mobility-telus-lte-hub-60-50gb-75-250gb-110-500gb-rural-ab-bc-2...

If I had to guess, Id say they recognized a market and took the gamble.  Talk in and among the rural folks out here . . . many working in the 'patch' such as myself, is that they will switch to Telus and say goodbye to the reasonable-to-poor wireless and satellite that they've had to put up with for a long time.  I had dialup in my neck of the woods up to Mcsnet offering a wireless service that served well but unfortunately with a move, Rogers was the 'only' option (that once again, worked very well for my needs but at an extraordinary price).

Here's to any kind of progress in providing this necessary utility service to Canadians.  Progress without the high dollar usage fees.

I Plan to Stick Around

That's what I thought.  When I switch my province to AB it still comes up with 10GB/month.  Thanks for the link I will read through it, see if I can figure something out.

I Plan to Stick Around

Sorry to hijack the thread but same issues here. The Rogers service has been great but the costs are killing me.

Does anyone know where Fido is in offering their service in SW Ontario?

I Plan to Stick Around

None of them offer a plan for rural folks in Ontario because it is a fantastic money generator. The reason I was given by Rogers is THIS is premium internet service at a premium price and that the network in S. Ontario is not as robust as Alberta and Telus's system. 

I Plan to Stick Around

It has been awhile since I popped up on this forum. 

I just got an invitation from Rogers to change my account to one that boasts 7GB/month for $100/month. I have not really looked into alternatives for quite some time, so I am not sure how good or bad this offer may be. Any thoughts?

I Plan to Stick Around

I'm taking it this is mobile internet you were seeking out??

Check out this rogers link.  It doesn't sound like anything extraordinary (unless there is something I'm missing)??

http://www.rogers.com/consumer/wireless/mobile-internet

Topic Stats