cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New affordable Rocket Hub plan?

Geezer
I plan to stick around

We in Rural Milton just got a community newsletter from our town counselor in which it was mentioned that new Rogers Rocket Hub plans for rural customers would soon be offered. For too long we have been hammered with ridiculously expensive data plans and have no option but to bend over and take it. But when this was mentioned it seems to give us hope that we might be getting a price break that will bring us high speed Internet at prices approaching city dwellers. As yet I have not seen any evidence of this happening any time soon. 

What is the story here? Is there any news from Rogers yet on this announced policy?

***Edited Labels***

75 REPLIES 75

Re: New affordable Rocket Hub plan?

terra3
I plan to stick around

Update . . . . . .

Well, cancelled Rogers service and sticking with the similar Telus offering.  Details above re: price difference pretty much the only reason for the change.  Telus 'does' vary slightly more than Rogers; Rogers for me being incredibly consistent and high data transfer rates.  Telus varies and is slightly slower, but relatively speaking the service is still very good (lowest rates down/up to date on the order of 15GB/9GB but average over the past couple weeks is about 20/10 . . . . certainly transfer rates that handle my needs).

So keep the ZTE hub from Rogers and if some move down the road have options of either with hardware on hand.  But for the future as of now, it is Telus. 

Good luck folks.

kampkand
I plan to stick around

What province are you located in?  I'm in Ontario and went to Telus's website and they only offer upto 10GB/month.  I'm so sick of Rogers 100GB data cap.  I'm usually paying $200 or more, because we keep going over!!

terra3
I plan to stick around

I'm in Alberta.  And it turns out that unless I've misunderstoodk a recent discussion with them, the service is only offered to customers in BC/AB.   Why, I've no idea . . . .

terra3
I plan to stick around

A rather good thread on this . . . . .

http://forums.redflagdeals.com/telus-mobility-telus-lte-hub-60-50gb-75-250gb-110-500gb-rural-ab-bc-2...

If I had to guess, Id say they recognized a market and took the gamble.  Talk in and among the rural folks out here . . . many working in the 'patch' such as myself, is that they will switch to Telus and say goodbye to the reasonable-to-poor wireless and satellite that they've had to put up with for a long time.  I had dialup in my neck of the woods up to Mcsnet offering a wireless service that served well but unfortunately with a move, Rogers was the 'only' option (that once again, worked very well for my needs but at an extraordinary price).

Here's to any kind of progress in providing this necessary utility service to Canadians.  Progress without the high dollar usage fees.

kampkand
I plan to stick around

That's what I thought.  When I switch my province to AB it still comes up with 10GB/month.  Thanks for the link I will read through it, see if I can figure something out.

BBOK
I plan to stick around

Sorry to hijack the thread but same issues here. The Rogers service has been great but the costs are killing me.

Does anyone know where Fido is in offering their service in SW Ontario?

markymarkl
I plan to stick around

None of them offer a plan for rural folks in Ontario because it is a fantastic money generator. The reason I was given by Rogers is THIS is premium internet service at a premium price and that the network in S. Ontario is not as robust as Alberta and Telus's system. 

Geezer
I plan to stick around

It has been awhile since I popped up on this forum. 

I just got an invitation from Rogers to change my account to one that boasts 7GB/month for $100/month. I have not really looked into alternatives for quite some time, so I am not sure how good or bad this offer may be. Any thoughts?

terra3
I plan to stick around

I'm taking it this is mobile internet you were seeking out??

Check out this rogers link.  It doesn't sound like anything extraordinary (unless there is something I'm missing)??

http://www.rogers.com/consumer/wireless/mobile-internet

zbign1
I plan to stick around

I believe you were the one who started this thread. I suggest you return to your original post and go over some of the responses. The flex plan for heavy usage is what you should be looking for. The details were linked for you by someone who responded to your original post.

The offer of 7gb for $100 is NOT a good deal.

Geezer
I plan to stick around

Well, I just followed your link, and I see that the Flex Heavy Plan - which is what I now have gives 20 GB of data for $90. I really don't understand why they think that I'd be interested in downgrading to a plan that gives 7 GB for $100!!! Somebody has things messed up in his head! The only difference is that it is "shared" (whatever that means to a guy who lives alone in his little house in the county).

zbign1
I plan to stick around

Yes 20 gb for $90 but with the flex plan if you go over say to 20.01gb you automatically get charged for 50gb $110. So if you go over 20 you may as well stream or download the extra 30 gb because you are charged for it anyway.

That is what we do in our household. We monitor our usage near the end of the month and stream netflix or crave tv to use up our bandwidth. Its expensive but it works and is reliable. Like you I am in southern ontario but close to london. We are surrouned with an abundance of cell towers but rogers always finds an excuse to overcharge for this service claiming that its expensive to build wireless infrastructure. Its expensive compared to the city but bell is the only other alternative and has exactly the same flex plan. Go figure. Good luck with your purchase and dont forget to ask about the 2 week trial period incase the unit doesnt work at your location.

goodburgerpizza
I plan to stick around

Hi,

I would like to know if Rogers will be increasing the data usage plans on the Rocket hubs? Currently, the data usage plan is a 100 Gigs for 145.00 a month. Rogers hasn't updated the Rocket Hub plan in 2 years now.

Hello @goodburgerpizza,

Welcome to the Rogers Community Forums!

I understand that the mobile internet usage has changed quite a bit in the past few years. At Rogers we regularly monitor consumer trends for usage and needs. Currently we do not have any new plans tailored to Rocket Hubs but you can definitely view the available options here

RogersZia

kampkand
I plan to stick around
I figured it would never happen. They are making too much money off of the mobile internet.

Geezer
I plan to stick around

Yeah well we out here in the rural areas are at their mercy because cellular Internet is the only way to get online out here. So, there isn't much we can do about it but bend over and take it.

kampkand
I plan to stick around
Yeah I hear you, I'm in the same boat!! They have cable so close to my road, but will not come up it. They say it's going to cost them, too much money!!

goodburgerpizza
I plan to stick around

Rogers could you guys please cut rural customers a break and offer a better usage plan for Rocket hub

It has been stuck at 100 GB for 145.00 + tax for over 2 years

Could be we get something along the lines of 400 GB for 110.00 a month ? That would be a decent plan ! 

kampkand
I plan to stick around

I defiantly agree.  I would evan be willing the pay the $145 + tax for 400 GB.  Anything to get more then the measly 100 GB that we currently get.

goodburgerpizza
I plan to stick around

I mean Rogers offers unlimited usage for $74.99 with a download speed of up 75Mbps for people who live in the suburbs or the city.  Customers who are dependent on the Rocket Hub are paying almost twice that for 100 GB. 

Also I am lucky if my Hub even connects at 5Mbps.

Rural Rogers Rocket Hub customers deserve a way better plan then we are getting.

Trust me Rogers all of your Rocket Hub Customers would like a better deal and it would be nice if you could finally make it happen.

Good morning @goodburgerpizza!

Thank you very much for the recommendation 🙂

Regards,

RogersCorey

Topic Stats