cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New affordable Rocket Hub plan?

Geezer
I Plan to Stick Around

We in Rural Milton just got a community newsletter from our town counselor in which it was mentioned that new Rogers Rocket Hub plans for rural customers would soon be offered. For too long we have been hammered with ridiculously expensive data plans and have no option but to bend over and take it. But when this was mentioned it seems to give us hope that we might be getting a price break that will bring us high speed Internet at prices approaching city dwellers. As yet I have not seen any evidence of this happening any time soon. 

What is the story here? Is there any news from Rogers yet on this announced policy?

***Edited Labels***

75 REPLIES 75

Re: New affordable Rocket Hub plan?

RogersZia

Hi @Geezer,

Thank you for posting in the Community forums.

Was it a Rogers advertisement or just a note from the local council? If there are new Rocket Hub plans we will update the Community. In the mean time, you can review the Mobile Internet plan options here

RogersZia

Geezer
I Plan to Stick Around

Hello RogersZia, thank you for the reply. I will copy the section from the community newsletter article (a weekly newsletter composed and bulk mailed by a city counsellor to residents in the Nassageweya area of Milton) and paste it here:

Rural Internet – I heard through the grapevine that Rogers and possibility Cogeco have significantly lowered their prices for the hub service. This has not been advertised. If you have this feature, it may be worth a call to their Customer Service. (Let me know what happens.) 

I would certainly like to know when this will be happening.

cox_sp
I Plan to Stick Around

Untitled-1.jpg

Other posters have indicated that the Flex Heavy plan has been available since July. It would be nice if Rogers were the sort of company that voluntarily told you that money saving options were available. I was just about to switch to Xplornet's 25GB for $74.99/mth. Xplornet upload is faster, download is about 1/3 of Rogers, but the savings (I've been paying Rogers $126/mth for the last 5-6 months) may make it worth a try.

zbign1
I Plan to Stick Around

I too feel your pain. The heavy usage flex plan will help a bit but it is still a gouge. I use the rocket hub and I live just outside london. Unfortunately the gouging doesnt end.

In the last couple months both Fido(rogers) and virgin ( bell ) have been offering wireless home internet unlimited for $60.

That is a home based wireless plan with UNLIMITED usage for $60

What really bothers me is that this proves there can be a better price. Also, these plans are being offered to those in cities where they already have multiple options.

I am tired of this discrimination. The networks have been built out for years. There are no excuses left.