New To Mobile Data Plans - A Question Re: iPad Pro (Wi-Fi + Cell)

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Contributor

New To Mobile Data Plans - A Question Re: iPad Pro (Wi-Fi + Cell)

I purchased a new iPad Pro Wi-Fi + Cellular from Apple and it includes a Rogers nano-SIM, which I have inserted.

If I recall at one time you could simply sign up for a plan right on the device (thinking back to my original iPad 2 now which I never actually activated wireleslly) - is that no longer possible?

I'm asking simply because I find the Rogers website confusing to say the least.  The most I can gather from it is that I should phone them for any more information and to arrange a plan.

(P.S. I'm one of these old weird people who have a voice-only cell phone).

*** Edited Labels ***

Peter
Toronto
Solved! Go to Solution.

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Re: New To Mobile Data Plans - A Question Re: iPad Pro (Wi-Fi + Cell)

Hey @pmcsplaza / Peter,

You are correct, it is no longer possible.

But I have solutions for you! 🙂

The system prior was similar to data-pass using a pre-paid system before (hence why it went through the UI to add Credit Card), you can now activate post paid monthly using the Flex Data plan.

FlexData.jpg

You can find full details here: Mobile Internet

There will be pre-paid options available as well. HOWEVER. I wouldn't recommend it, as Data only Prepaid are not the same as you are use to previously. (I remember what you are talking about, and I had it set up for my parents for their iPad way back, which as stated before, doesn't exist anymore.)

I didn't recommend the $10 Add on for shareeverything plan because as you mentioned you have a voice-only pre-paid phone, so it wouldn't be related to you, however that option is there as well if you were thinking of moving your phone into shareeverything post paid plan.

Hopefully this helps!

Cheers,

RogersShakir

View solution in original post

All Replies
Highlighted
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Hey @pmcsplaza / Peter,

You are correct, it is no longer possible.

But I have solutions for you! 🙂

The system prior was similar to data-pass using a pre-paid system before (hence why it went through the UI to add Credit Card), you can now activate post paid monthly using the Flex Data plan.

FlexData.jpg

You can find full details here: Mobile Internet

There will be pre-paid options available as well. HOWEVER. I wouldn't recommend it, as Data only Prepaid are not the same as you are use to previously. (I remember what you are talking about, and I had it set up for my parents for their iPad way back, which as stated before, doesn't exist anymore.)

I didn't recommend the $10 Add on for shareeverything plan because as you mentioned you have a voice-only pre-paid phone, so it wouldn't be related to you, however that option is there as well if you were thinking of moving your phone into shareeverything post paid plan.

Hopefully this helps!

Cheers,

RogersShakir

View solution in original post

Highlighted

Thanks, that's what I thought. 

Will think about it...;-)

Peter
Toronto
Highlighted
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

You're welcome Peter, and you thought correctly.

By the sounds of it, Flex Light data might be a suitable option for you, as it actually follows the similar tier as the old system.

If you don't use it for that month, it will be $10 min.

Maybe that calls your name.

and glad I can help!

Highlighted

What about this one starting at $5/month?  Rogers iPad Plans

Peter
Toronto
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Huh... We still have this? I thought that was discontinued.

You 1-uped me on that one Peter. hehe. Nice!

I wasn't able to find that plan, earlier when I was posting but horray. If we still have this plan, I would agree, that this is better. However, I don't know your usage and what you plan to do with the iPad Pro.

Since if I compare it to the Flex Light, this is better. $40 for 5GB Flex Rate Plan rather than $45 for 3GB Flex Light Plan.

Before you ask, and before anyone reading this asks; "Why the different price points for similar data?" All 3 plans are different as their "Maximum" tier before it hits, overage for $XX/GB. That's why they are differently made. Based on user's usage needs. (It's never one size fits all, is it now?)

Nice find @pmcsplaza/Peter.

Now I want to see if there is anymore plans available. lol

Edit:

Ah, found it.

So there are "4" plans (if you look closely, its actually 3, one just repeats itself. So pretty much, all the plans discussed thus far).

FlexDataChart.jpg

The Hub Light and Tablet Heavy, both are the same plans.

Highlighted

Interesting, thanks very much for your help 😉
Peter
Toronto
Highlighted
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

No problem Good Sir.

Have a great day.

Highlighted

As a follow up, I called in and now have the $5/month Flexi plan....I wont be using it much so it's really there as an insurance only if my regular cable goes down or in the unlikely event I take this big monster out with me..;-)

Peter
Toronto
Highlighted
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Fair enough and it IS a Big Monster lol

Congrats for getting it, those things are expensive.

In competition, (since I am a Samsung fan), did you see the Galaxy View? ok, THAT is a joke to me, I hope no one carries that around. >__<