New RocketHub: ZTE MF271

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

New RocketHub: ZTE MF271

Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Re: New RocketHub: ZTE MF271

link seems to error out.. i tried myself but get the same link.. so might not be linkable properly when logged into the website..

But you are correct! a new LTE hub 😄

Hmm.. appears it MIGHT be a rogers exclusive model, from what i can find on the web about it.

Now lets see the specs/capabilities.

4g/LTE
700/1700/700/1900/850 Mhz

Appears is DOES have a phone port on it

No external antenna port that i can see 😞

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

The ZTE MF271 appears to be sold in the USA as the AT&T Home Base (model Z700).

http://www.zteusa.com/media/wysiwyg/att-homebase/AT_T_Home_Base_User_Manual_English_-_PDF_-_3.48MB_....
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

If you add the device to your cart, it lists a mobile hi-speed Internet plan with a monthly service fee of $150 and 30 GB of data.
Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Ah 🙂

WHen i ran my search.. not much came up.. but the first few links (including from ZTE) was a link to the ZTE MF271 (rogers)... so i am guessing they slightly tweek each, for each carrier.

Highlighted
I've Been Around

Well just picked this up to replace my aging W35....so far not too impressed...it shows the connection at 4G and not LTE, and speedcheck gives me around 7Mb/s tops.  My new iphone 6, in the same room, shows LTE connection, and gets 15Mb/s at speedcheck. Both are getting signal from the same tower.......

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

External Antenna connection?

Without it where I live it is a deal breaker.

Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Enthusiast

I know it's a stupid short coming on Rogers for not supplying a Hub with external antenna support..but FYI Telus does. Their 4G/LTE Hub DOES have external antena  (4g and LTE) support.

Shame on Rogers! Especially when tech support suggests an expternal antenna.!!

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

why does the information light keep blinking how do i stop it would like a user manuel  other than quick start

Highlighted
I'm Here A Lot

mine has the i flashing as well, wish I could get to the UI to do a firmare update. Perhaps even a reset.