New Flex Rate Plans for Mobile Internet

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I Plan to Stick Around

New Flex Rate Plans for Mobile Internet

Rogers has introduced new flex rate plans for mobile internet that are quite attractive.

For example, the overage rate on all plans has been reduced to $5/GB (previously $10/GB and $15/GB).   The so-called Heavier Usage plan for Hubs has two additional tiers added with a top tier of 100 GB (previously 20 GB).     There have been changes in the other plans and the Lighter Usage plan for Mobile Hotspots & Sticks has been eliminated.

If you change plans, it is probably best to schedule the change for the first day of your billing cycle.   In my case, I was still billed for one day on the old plan, but Customer Service quickly reversed the charge when I called.

***Edited Labels***

Re: New Flex Rate Plans for Mobile Internet

Good day @gwmacdonald!

Thanks for sharing this information with the Community Smiley Wink

I must admit, Rogers had to launch new Mobile Internet plans since some of customers in rural areas do not have accesss to high speed Internet. Lifting the 20 GB cap is helping us protect our customers from high invoices and it demonstrates that we are always improving, in this case by offering plans tailored to all types of needs.  

I think we nailed it with the new tiers! 

Thank you for sharing your positive feedback, with regards to your experience with our agents, having your billing concerns rectified.

RogersMaude

Rogers Employee ShakTiburon
Rogers Employee

Dead on! Definitely nailed it @RogersMaude

and thanks for the share @gwmacdonald :]
I find the pricing very attractive - especially with more data!
I Plan to Stick Around

Interesting! You guys are discussing plans that do not seem to exist in my universe! I just checked my latest bill again and I am on the Flex Plan and have been for many years. But I am still paying the old rates in my Rocket Hub Data Plan. I used 6.77 GB last month and had to pay $100 for it. To me that is not a deal in the least. If that is a reduced rate, I'll eat my hat (or my shirt or even my suit coat).

Hello, @Geezer

Thank you for your post.Smiley Happy

I’d like to help. Addressing the issue you’ve described involves accessing your account. I’m going to send you a private message from @CommunityHelps, please check our messages via the envelope icon which appears in the top right-hand side of your screen when you are logged into the forums.

Regards,

RogersMoin

Rogers Employee

@Geezer you might be on old plans, Flex Rate has different versions. Let @RogersMoin help ya out! Smiley Happy
I Plan to Stick Around

I wish I could get this new heavier usage plan but it seems near impossible to get anyone from Rogers to give it to me. I have tried 4 times (3 in online chat and once on the phone) and still haven't gotten anyone to change my plan. It's starting to seem like this is just some public relations scam or something.

Rogers Employee

No way!

Hey @Dastrum

There are actually 2 different rate plans publicly available. At least that is what I thought...

No wait... I prefer facts...

*waves magic wand*

Tada - Here you go: Data Only Plans

Scroll down that page and look at the one that says "For Heavier Usage"

If LiveChat or Customer service isn't aware; direct them to the page.

This is fully available for anyone, this isn't sham, scam or any bada bam.... (I tried ryhming there)

Hope this helps and gives you a clear picture...

I can also recommend having @CommunityHelps assist you if you have no luck with Customer Service or LiveChat (which I am surprised about as this is a standard plan)

Also: Just if you don't want to click.

The page link mentioned above shows these plans:

DataPlans.jpg

I've Been Here Awhile

For anyone on a Rogers Rocket Hub mobile internet data plan.  In June Rogers  (quietly) came out with a new data plan for mobile internet.  On the old plan I was paying $90/month for 20 gigs data + $10 /gig over.  The new plan is $149/100gigs + $5/gig over.  Cut my internet bill by 75%.  Rogers stepped up to the plate and refunded me the difference on my bills retroactively to July 1.  Pretty stellar move by Rogers - they left me feeling like they really do want my business.

I Plan to Stick Around

I'm going to look into this.  I also have a bell hub for work and thier pricing is outrageous.  Come next year when I am retired I will probably kill my Bell hub and switch to Rogers for good.  Now all they need is to improve service as Roger's tends to have more dead areas than Bell which is one of the reason I kept the Bell connection as well as the fact that I did not want interference from other users in the household while trying to work. 

Topic Stats