MyRogers WIRELESS USAGE is taking days to update?

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I'm Here A Lot

MyRogers WIRELESS USAGE is taking days to update?

Hi Rogers Community, I have purchased and started using a Rocket Hub MF275R and love it, yet the My Rogers WIRELESS USAGE section is totally useless.

It is supposed to be updated no later than 12 hours, but that is if you are lucky. I see that mine in my account hasn't been updated it 29 hours and counting, so not much trust in that tool.

1) I pay for LTE Wireless Data on a Flex Plan tier level plan and I still can't figure out when my cut-off date (and exact time) that my plan rolls over to a new billing period. My billing date is the 3rd, so does that mean that it rolls-over at  the end (midnight) of the 2nd, or rolls-over at the end (midnight) of the 3rd. (and what time zone, ex: EST, CST, PST, ...)

2) If I'm going to be charged for 50GB of data on my Flex Plan tier, and I am at 40GB at the last day (whenever that last day is), I could and should in theory be able do any system or app updates and hopefully be able to calculate my data usage  in order to NOT EXCEED my data charges to be unknowingly bumped into the next $$$ level.

Does anyone here know what is happening with the My Rogers Wireless Usage section, and when we will get a useful tool. We can clone sheep and put men on Mars nowadays, so hopefully we can get an accurate Data Usage...?

Thanks for listening to my rant, and hopefully any guidance on the subject. IAN.

***Edited Labels***

Re: MyRogers WIRELESS USAGE is taking days to update?

Hello, @imorton

Thank you for posting your concern in the Community. I appreciate that you love MF275R, was this a recent upgrade? Usually, when there is a plan change the usage may not reflect accurately for that billing cycle. Once the new cycle begins you shall see the usage accurately minus 12 hours. Please see the Message 5 posted by 

I Plan to Stick Around

Through several months of random checking it seems like Flex Hub data usage is updated just once per day rather than the implied 12-hour intervals.  The update occurs shortly after midnight Pacific Time for my BC account.

If anyone wants the spreadsheet referenced in RogersMain's post, I put it at the following Dropbox link:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/tthr2ap6ysjqv5h/2016_0528%20to%2020160628_RogersInternetTrafficStats.xlsx?...

It can be downloaded from this link.

I am not expert with Excel (from Office 2016) and did not spend a lot of time on it, so there are no guarantees. It is a protected worksheet so you must unprotect it if you want to change it.

I'm Here A Lot

Yes, there was a plan/device change as I started using a 3G USB Stick, and after a few days realized that the MF275R is what I needed.

It's still sad that the whole MyRogers wireless usage section is so poorly implemented.

IAN.

I'm Here A Lot

kco, thanks for the info on the GMT time variance, so I would assume that in Quebec (EST) and with DST it would mean my Flex Plan would roll-over on the 3rd of every month at 8pm. Am I correct here?

As to the Wireless Data Usage counter being updated once a day (or every 12 hours, if you are lucky), I will have to check it daily to get an idea if it is accurate or consistent. For now I see that it didn't change for 2 days... Smiley Sad

I will downloaded your spreadsheet and see if I can use it to keep track, but we have to be honest, I am sure we all have better things to do than count our data usage.

Thanks for the info as it helps me to better track the data. IAN.

I Plan to Stick Around

Yes, I think your billing will roll over at 8 pm Eastern during daylight saving time and at 7pm Eastern on standard time.  GMT does not change to daylight saving time. 

If you Google something like "current GMT time" you should get the correct GMT time.

EDIT: One improvement that should not be too difficult to implement would be to provide the time stamp for the entry instead of the "delayed up to 12 hours" note.  If the webpage is just reading one huge list there must be a file time stamp they could use.  Still better would be to add a time record for each user which should just require 4 bytes.

They could provide the time similar to "Last update: June 06, 2016 13:39"

I Plan to Stick Around

The information I posted about ending at midnight GMT is wrong. It ends at midnight for the time zone in which your device is validated (which is stil a bit confusing). Please see this thread for more information:

http://communityforums.rogers.com/t5/forums/forumtopicpage/board-id/MobileInternet/message-id/3131#M...