Mobile Internet MF275R Rocket Hub

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I've Been Here Awhile

Re: Mobile Internet MF275R Rocket Hub

Unfortunately? My device was determined to be defective when I took it in for an examination. I'm NOT mad at Rogers because ZTE made the thing so they are the ones at fault. Was easy to get it swapped and so far? So good. Firmwire works and haven't lost connection once yet but we'll see how it goes.

Unfortunately? Anyone else having a problem with the firmwire (accessing the modem to set it up) not loading at all even after multiple resets and diagnostics runs may have to take it in and get it exchanged so keep your receipts and all the parts handy!

-Tyler.
I've Been Around

So I just bought the MF275R rocket hub about 2 weeks ago, having no issues with it till today. I've been gone all week so I haven't really touched it. I decided i wanted to start it up and do some gaming so I plugged it in and connected the lan cord to my computer and pushed the power button but it would not turn on. At one point  the power icon did turn on for a second but a bit later after that it never came back on. I have tried everything, plugging into different outlets, resetting it, trying to click the wan and power button at the same time. I thought maybe the antennas were the problem because they were really lose so I tightened them but that didn't do anything. I also could not find anything on the Internet about this. I tried disconnecting it, taking the sim out and put it back in again, did not work. Maybe it's the power button that is broken but I do not know. I never did anything to it, only to turn it on. It has only sat on my desk and it was always fine.  Another thing is I see my Internet in the Wifi area when you try to connect to wifi and I tried connecting it to but when I do it says no Internet is available. The hub also feels slightly warm. I do not know what to do but if anyone have a idea of what could be wrong, it would be very useful. Maybe the lights or power button burnt out?

I Plan to Stick Around

FWIW.

Remove the LAN cable  and remove the battery to make sure it resets.

Then just try and connect via wifi.

If that works then reconnect lan.

Just a guess.

I'm Here A Lot

I have no problems with win 10 and XP but i can't connect to the Hub wifi using win 7 64 bits with any wifi adaptors with WPA or WPA2....it works on an open (unsecured) network though !!!!

I Have tried two different adaptors that work with any of the other OS  without problems

I have tried all sorts of fling flang....no success

That's weird

Retired Moderator RogersCilio
Retired Moderator

Hello @garguy,

Welcome to the Community!

Sounds like an odd predicament, I'd definitely be pulling my hair if I had the same issue!

Is this a new Rocket Hub? Is this the first time attempting to connect this particular PC to the wireless or has this always been a problem? Did you try to remove and manually re-add the wireless network? Has anyone else experienced a similar issue?

I'll tag in a few of our Resident Experts for more suggestions. Community, feel free to chime in.

@gp-se @VivienM @Datalink @Gdkitty

RogersCilio

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@garguy it could be a setting in Windows that is not allowing WPA/WPA2. 

I'm Here A Lot

Well.....i just tried to do the same on my old W35

Never tried before because the W35 had 4 Lan plugs

Same thing.....so this is not the Hub

This is a problem related to my Win 7 Pro 64

ah well......i can always use wired Lan on this particular OS

I've seen a buch of people with  wifi autentication problems on win 7 64

I've tried all my knowledge....and i have quite a lot

If anybody solve similar problem i would be very happy to know how

Thanks

I'm Here A Lot

You are probably right but i'm loosing my head to find where to ......

i just browsed my entire control panel ......even did some cmd search.....not finding the culprit

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

I'm not sure how windows works, but on mac os you can create a new user/admin account and it will set everything at default. You can try making another user account and see if wpa works.

I'm Here A Lot

I have the same issue connecting to my cameras.  Did you get it resolved?

Thanks

Topic Stats