Mobile Internet MF275R Rocket Hub

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I've Been Here Awhile

Re: Mobile Internet MF275R Rocket Hub

I cannot get the MF275R to function simply as a 'modem', using my Asus router to handle all other networking fuctions - wifi, dhcp, etc.

No matter what I've tried I cannot get the Asus to recognize this internet connection.  If you can, please confirm this is all correct based on your suggestions:

1. Disable the WiFi on the ZTE.  (Done)

2. Connect your router to the ethernet port on the ZTE  (Asus router port - using the WAN port on back, can use one of the other 4 if that's what you mean).

3. On the ZTE, forward all ports to the WAN interface address on your router.  (Asus is set as fixed IP of 192.168.2.1 - is this what you mean by forwarding all ZTE ports?)

4. Use your router to do a single NAT to any inside devices you require.  (So fix IP on ZTE 192.168.2.2, turn off DHCP on ZTE)

Any comments or suggestions would be most appreciated.

I've Been Here Awhile

Any advice on getting an OPEN NAT on Xbox One?

I have tried port forwarding (I know what I am doing), DMZ, as well as forcing my the MF275R as a bridge to the router all to no avail...always says STRICT NAT. One problem is you can't turn off the firewall on this device so I am thinking that may be the problem...who makes a modem that can't turn off the firewall...

Anyone able to Open their NAT on this device who can help? I am getting 85 meg down, 55 up with this device which is awesome but I can't play with friends online since switching to this device.

I've Been Here Awhile

I'm currently running MF275 and my ASUS router is plugged into the port on MF275.  I am able to play Xbox one multiplayer.   I don't have any ports forwarded or in DMZ. It does say on xb1 that the nat is strict.  

I've Been Around

does this actually work and if so, why is my ROGERS modem locked out from being able to disable the Dhcp?

tried doing both DMZ and port forwarding to my routers remote WEB UI 

I've Been Here Awhile

I believe those options are greyed out till you disconnect from the network. But once you do that you will not get internet. And you may need to use a cat 5 to log back into the hub. As you will lose ip settings.
I've Been Here Awhile

MF275R Rocket Hub - Power Cable

Can anyone tell me the power requirements or where I can get a new power cable? Mine is missing and I cannot find the power adapter specs to buy a new one. Any help is greatly appreciated

Good afternoon @LoonieGuy,

Welcome to our Community Forums!

I attempted to find this info for you but I can only find information on the battery when I'm looking for the power source. I would recommend contacting ZTE directly to get the power source specs. You don't want to be guessing when it comes to AC adapters.

Here's a link to their contact page: http://www.ztedevices.ca/support.html?product=mf275r

Regards,

RogersCorey

^ch

I've Been Here Awhile

Contacting them is as useless as contacting Rogers. Neither are helpful. ROGERS SUCKS!!
I've Been Here Awhile

Running a new MF275R I just got on a LAN cable. Internet works just fine and it does everything okay but when I go to access the modem itself? I get a blue "ZTE" logo on the top left, a drop down menu with nothing in it and the page is blank white. I managed to get in twice so I know for sure it works, just not working anymore for some reason. Absolutely bizarre because the internet itself is just fine and WiFi works too.

The ONLY thing I did in there was to stop publicly broadcasting the signal (requiring manual entry of the modem in any device wishing to access it so people can't steal my data but I didn't change anything else) I enabled privacy mode so nobody could try to hack it and steal my signal. I should still be able to access it but it won't let me? Did I do a derp?

Good evening @TylerM13,

Thank you for your post!

I am hoping you were able to resolve your issue since you originally posted.

Experiencing any difficulties, visiting the WebUI configuration page, must be unpleasant, especially if it was functional prior to this attempt.

As per the Rogers Rocket Hub MF275R User Guide, here are the steps to follow, in this case :

• Enter the correct address.
  • Only use one network adapter in your PC.
  • Do not use any proxy server

If you were able to resolve your issue, feel free to update this thread to let other users know!

RogersMaude

Topic Stats