cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mobile Internet MF275R Rocket Hub

d_r_wilkinson
I've been here awhile

Just got the MF275 Rocket Hub. I'm wanting to change the default password. Can someone point me in the right direction?

***Edited Labels***

102 REPLIES 102

Re: Mobile Internet MF275R Rocket Hub

Hello, @thezinns

Welcome to the Rogers Community Forums!

Thank you for joining the conversation, the OP is trying to change the hub's default IP. Can you try changing the IP to say, 192.168.1.1?

Let us know the outcome.

Cheers,

RogersMoin

Has anyone experienced the MF275R rebooting on it's own?

My hub reboots on the average every 25 minutes on it's own.  I worked with the tech support and they felt the hardware was bad and I just received a new hub, swapped the sim card over and the new hub is doing the same thing.  So I worked again with tech support and we installed a new sim card.  This didn't work either.  

Any thoughts?

Hello, @Althor56

Welcome to the Rogers Community Forums!

Thank you for joining and posting your concern in the Community. Since the hub and SIM were replaced, we can rule out any hardware or network related issues. Is the hub plugged into any power bar or UPS unit? Have you tried plugging the hub directly into the wall socket?

@Community - any input?

Regards,

RogersMoin

Geezer
I plan to stick around

Interesting! My hub has been working really well until this past week. Suddenly I am having my hub MF275R die at least once a day (usually while in the middle of an upload or downloadMan Frustrated) I have to wait until it has done its thing before I can proceed - very frustrating!

Hi, the hub is plugged directly.  I even unplugged it and ran on battery power with the same result.

Some new information:

There are 7 homes on my road that have the hub and all are experiencing the same issue.  The hubs just reboot randomly.  I have found that if I choose the 4G network instead of Auto network selection the hub has not rebooted in the 4 hours that I have been in the 4G mode.

In Auto mode it reboots sometime every 20 or so minutes but then may go 50 min

Hey @Althor56,

Thanks for providing the community with your findings. Definitely strange that auto network selection would be causing the hub to reboot. Just out of curiousity, did you share this with your neighbours as well and it resolved their issue?

Again, thanks for the feedback!

Cheers,

RogersCilio

Yes it resolved the issue but now we do not get the benefits of LTE.  Rogers tech is now looking into the issue as this all started 3 weeks ago.  I will provide an update

MR67
I've been here awhile

I have forgotten the password on the ZTE hub.

How do I reset ?  I called Rogers but they did not help me.....

Geezer
I plan to stick around

Look on the right side where the SIM card is inserted. Take the cover off the little hatch and you will see a hole without a label. Take a bent paper clip and push it into the hole until you feel or hear a click and hold it a second or two. This will reset your MF275R. It will lose any settings that you may have made including the password. Now you are free to do the password setting procedure in the Settings/Device Settings/Account. Management panel. 

MR67
I've been here awhile
many thanks !!!

Geezer
I plan to stick around
I should add that when you reset the device, the default password becomes 'admin' so you need to enter this password to get into the settings after you have done the reset.

WDR007
I've been around

I'm having trouble changing the APN to a new provider on an unlocked Rogers Rocket Hub. 

Hello, @WDR007

Welcome to the Rogers Community Forums! Smiley Happy

Thank you for posting your concern in the Community. Not able to change the APN is definitely bothersome, are you getting any error messages? 

Typically, you don't have to add the APN manually. Since it's an unlocked device once you insert the SIM from the other provider and reboot the device, it should automatically download the network parameters. In the event the auto settings are not working, you can switch to manual mode and enter the APN, authentication type etc and apply/save the settings. 

Keep us posted.

Cheers,

RogersMoin

Sterlo
I plan to stick around

Hello,

I have had good success with this hub at a cottage where cell signals are limited as posted here:  http://communityforums.rogers.com/t5/Mobile-Internet/Rocket-HUB-external-antenna/m-p/361474#M3154

My question now is regarding power outages and the hub's inability to start up if the battery is completely drained once the power comes back.  Given I use this at a cottage, there are times where I might not go there for a few months but I maintain the internet connection in order to view webcams.  As far as I can tell, if there is a power outage that lasts longer than the battery on the MF275R then once the power comes on, the hub won't start until someone physically presses the power button at the back.  Most routers and other electronic devices like this will boot back up once power comes back but for some reason the MF275R does not.  The battery feature is handy but once drained I'm unable to get an internet connection again until I'm physically there to press the power button.  Is there a setting I missed?  Has anyone tried to solve this problem via some other means?  

Any help or ideas would be greatly appreciated.  

garguy
I'm here a lot

This device is full of flaws....

i kept my old Ericsson W35 and even if it's slower than the MF275R it's more reliable, as 4 lan ports and causes less connection lost . Also, the W35 as no backup battery so as soon as the power comes back, the device restart without problem. look on eBay there are some still available.
I let my ZTE sleep.

Sterlo
I plan to stick around

Thanks garguy.  Unfortunately I think I need to stick with the MF275R because my cell signal is so low that I have to take advantage of the 2 external antenna's and LTE to get any kind of acceptable speed.  I have a couple ideas that I'm researching.  Would be so much nicer if they just programmed/built it to start up upon restoration of power.

garguy
I'm here a lot
Where i live, the signal is very low
The W35 is more stable even if the MF275 has two antennas...just a bit slower but at least it keeps the signal way better
I also use an external Yagi on the W35 (also with the MF275)

ZTE MF275R hub not powering up

We recently purchased a Rogers Rocket Hub (ZTE MF275R) off a friend.  We purchased a rural house, and decided that the Mobile Internet was the better option.  It worked fine from last Thursday to this morning.  For some unknown reason, it shut down this morning after I tried to establish a VPN session at work.  None of the lights are on.  We tried unplugging and tried turning it back on... nothing.  So, a couple of questions:

1)What steps do you recommend for troubleshooting a "no power/can't turn on" diagnostic?

2)If I purchased this from an existing Rogers customer, who no longer needed the hub, is there still warranty on it?

Looking forward to your comments and suggestions.  Teenagers not liking this downtime 😞

Thanks.

Geezer
I plan to stick around

If you reboot the hub it might start restart with a successful connection to the Internet. Here is a tip I gave another member of the forum about restarting:

Look on the right side where the SIM card is inserted. Take the cover off the little hatch and you will see a hole without a label. Take a bent paper clip and push it into the hole until you feel or hear a click and hold it a second or two. This will reset your MF275R. It will lose any settings that you may have made including the password. Now you are free to do the password setting procedure in the Settings/Device Settings/Account. Management panel. 

I would suggest that you start tracking down the problem with this. If it still does not work, you'd better contact the Rogers support line (and wait, and wait and wait...)

After speaking to Rogers support, we did multiple tests: battery pull, SIM card pull, hard reset using small button under SIM card door, trying to rest device using CAT5 connection and PC, Rogers tried accessing the Hub, etc... none of these worked.

When trying to login via a PC and CAT5 cable, the login window appears with the password, but it rejects my "admin" password. Strange.

Our phones and tablets can see the Hub and they connect automatically, but they get a message that the internet/network is unavailable and that we should try another connection. As well, still no lights on the Hub.

The power cable seems to work as the battery is slightly warm. Tried different plugs to ensure 110V is good.

Original owner is checking the original date of purchase as the warranty is 12 months.

Any other suggestions? Or, does this mean I might have to take the plunge and spend another $270 with taxes???

Thanks.

FTP with Rocket Hub

Trying to FTP images from my IP webcam, but no success.

First off, can we FTP images, via port 21, with the Rocket Hub?  If so, are there special settings?  What am I missing, or not doing right?

Thanks

Topic Stats