cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mobile Internet MF275R Rocket Hub

d_r_wilkinson
I've been here awhile

Just got the MF275 Rocket Hub. I'm wanting to change the default password. Can someone point me in the right direction?

***Edited Labels***

102 REPLIES 102

Re: Mobile Internet MF275R Rocket Hub

bpworker
I've been here awhile

Sorry I'm a bit new to figuring out how to get MF275R into "modem" mode. What I'm trying to accomplish is using the MF275R as a backup internet for our business in the event that our cable internet service goes down. 

We are using a Zywall 310 firewall that currently has the cable internet connection plugged into WAN1, and that feeds all the other ports (LAN1, LAN2, LAN3, etc.). So idea is to plus MF275R into WAN2 post and set it up as failover. 

To get the MF275R to act as strictly a modem I have disabled WiFi (2.4 and 5.0GHz) and turned off DHCP server function. I've also changed the static IP of the MF275R to 10.0.0.2 just to keep that network seperate in my head.

Where I'm stuck is this: Am I better off to use DMZ setting and allow full access and connectivity from outside traffic as my firewall would be protecting the LAN networks. If I do the DMZ option do I need to still set port forwarding or is an either/or option?

Hello, @bpworker

Welcome to the Rogers Community Forums. Thank you for posting your query in the Community! Smiley Happy

I haven't come across the same setup in the forums you are trying with MF275R. Did you end up putting it in DMZ?

Cheers,

RogersMoin

bpworker
I've been here awhile

Yes I ended up not using port forwarding and instead putting it into DMZ. On firewall I specified a static ip for WAN2 and then put that static IP into the DMZ section of the MF275R.

This seems to be working after testing, so basically when the first WAN goes down (cable internet) the firewall kicks over to the second WAN (MF275R) and our connection continues on without a problem. Not sure if this is the "right" way to do this but it does work as intended.

BeerHunter125
I'm a trusted enthusiast

Upgraded to the MF275R and am impressed. My speeds almost quadrupled over my NetComm 3G but they're still a lowly 7-9Mbps. More than adequate for my usage BUT..my signal strength is quit low (-110 to -113 dBm according to the HUB ). Is there a reltively cheap and easy way to increase my signal strength? (some sort of external antenna that actually works).

Thanks.

Hello, @BeerHunter125

It's good to know that the speed has almost increased 4 times after upgrading to MF275R. We have an ongoing discussion about gaining the signal strength and increasing the speed with an external antenna, I would suggest participating in this thread to gain more ideas, thank you.

Cheers,

RogersMoin

danbee
I've been here awhile

I'm not a telecom engineer, but here is my experience.  Our country house is about 2km from a microwave tower, which until fairly recently transmitted 3g wireless signals.  At our house, using a Netcomm 3G modem about five years old, I got 3 Mb/s download speed, sometimes less, seldom faster.  With my iPhone at the base of the tower, the download speed was about 25 Mb/s.  When I finally realized that the same tower had been converted to LTE, I bought a MF275R modem and without an outside antenna, as I've previously reported, the download speed increased to about 60 Mb/s, with the MF275R modem in exactly the same location as the Netcomm modem.  The conclusion is that signal strength does matter, unless you're fortunate as we are in having good signal strength without an outside antenna.  Not having realized the improvement I'd get with the MF275R, I purchased a yagi antenna made by Wilson, and low loss cable, with the intention of installing the antenna on a TV tower attached to our house.  If you need an antenna, you must determine what frequency the antenns should be made for: 700 Mhz is Rogers LTE at our location.  The antenna I bought works well for 700-800-900 Mhz frequencies.  The closer your antenna is made for the frequency you wish to receive, the better in terms of signal strength gain.  My antenna is said to have a gain of 18db which is excellent, and it's only about one meter in length.  Of course you have to point the antenna carefully to get maximum signal strength, and it's also very important to use new low loss cable, not cheap coax typically used for TV reception, as the impedance of the cable has to match the native impedance of the antenna.  Hope this helps.

danbee

BeerHunter125
I'm a trusted enthusiast

Thanks that was a lot of help. We're about 8 miles from the tower in the middle of an aspen forest and a Yagi antenna would probably help.I guess though , since 6-8 Mbps is perfectly adequate for what I do (browse , UTube , the odd online movie and game) and all of these worked quit well at 2 -3 Mbps on my old NetComm 3G , there really isn't much point in the added expense (not to mention work lol) to gain a few extra Mbps.

But thanks for the feedback.

So kinda need the coles notes version of the difference between these 2.  

We do not need telephone lines just internet access.  

Is the speed the same etc.........

All I can really find out is that one offers phone and the other doesn't.

Much Appreciated 🙂

I've added a MF275R to our network. Currently it is the second WAN connection on our Asus router.  From in our house everything works beautifuly, great speed, all systems go vs. the previous Bell ADSL connection.  Problem I now have is from outside the house I can no longer access our security cameras or shared NAS device remotely that were previously working.

I suspect it has something to do with how I have configured either the DMZ or port forwarding rules.  Any suggestions to fix this issue would be most appreciated.

I cannot get the MF275R to function simply as a 'modem', using my Asus router to handle all other networking fuctions - wifi, dhcp, etc.

No matter what I've tried I cannot get the Asus to recognize this internet connection.  If you can, please confirm this is all correct based on your suggestions:

1. Disable the WiFi on the ZTE.  (Done)

2. Connect your router to the ethernet port on the ZTE  (Asus router port - using the WAN port on back, can use one of the other 4 if that's what you mean).

3. On the ZTE, forward all ports to the WAN interface address on your router.  (Asus is set as fixed IP of 192.168.2.1 - is this what you mean by forwarding all ZTE ports?)

4. Use your router to do a single NAT to any inside devices you require.  (So fix IP on ZTE 192.168.2.2, turn off DHCP on ZTE)

Any comments or suggestions would be most appreciated.

knockoutpunch
I've been here awhile

Any advice on getting an OPEN NAT on Xbox One?

I have tried port forwarding (I know what I am doing), DMZ, as well as forcing my the MF275R as a bridge to the router all to no avail...always says STRICT NAT. One problem is you can't turn off the firewall on this device so I am thinking that may be the problem...who makes a modem that can't turn off the firewall...

Anyone able to Open their NAT on this device who can help? I am getting 85 meg down, 55 up with this device which is awesome but I can't play with friends online since switching to this device.

I'm currently running MF275 and my ASUS router is plugged into the port on MF275.  I am able to play Xbox one multiplayer.   I don't have any ports forwarded or in DMZ. It does say on xb1 that the nat is strict.  

does this actually work and if so, why is my ROGERS modem locked out from being able to disable the Dhcp?

tried doing both DMZ and port forwarding to my routers remote WEB UI 

I believe those options are greyed out till you disconnect from the network. But once you do that you will not get internet. And you may need to use a cat 5 to log back into the hub. As you will lose ip settings.

LoonieGuy
I've been here awhile

MF275R Rocket Hub - Power Cable

Can anyone tell me the power requirements or where I can get a new power cable? Mine is missing and I cannot find the power adapter specs to buy a new one. Any help is greatly appreciated

Good afternoon @LoonieGuy,

Welcome to our Community Forums!

I attempted to find this info for you but I can only find information on the battery when I'm looking for the power source. I would recommend contacting ZTE directly to get the power source specs. You don't want to be guessing when it comes to AC adapters.

Here's a link to their contact page: http://www.ztedevices.ca/support.html?product=mf275r

Regards,

RogersCorey

^ch

LoonieGuy
I've been here awhile
Contacting them is as useless as contacting Rogers. Neither are helpful. ROGERS SUCKS!!

TylerM13
I've been here awhile

Running a new MF275R I just got on a LAN cable. Internet works just fine and it does everything okay but when I go to access the modem itself? I get a blue "ZTE" logo on the top left, a drop down menu with nothing in it and the page is blank white. I managed to get in twice so I know for sure it works, just not working anymore for some reason. Absolutely bizarre because the internet itself is just fine and WiFi works too.

The ONLY thing I did in there was to stop publicly broadcasting the signal (requiring manual entry of the modem in any device wishing to access it so people can't steal my data but I didn't change anything else) I enabled privacy mode so nobody could try to hack it and steal my signal. I should still be able to access it but it won't let me? Did I do a derp?

Good evening @TylerM13,

Thank you for your post!

I am hoping you were able to resolve your issue since you originally posted.

Experiencing any difficulties, visiting the WebUI configuration page, must be unpleasant, especially if it was functional prior to this attempt.

As per the Rogers Rocket Hub MF275R User Guide, here are the steps to follow, in this case :

• Enter the correct address.
  • Only use one network adapter in your PC.
  • Do not use any proxy server

If you were able to resolve your issue, feel free to update this thread to let other users know!

RogersMaude

TylerM13
I've been here awhile
Unfortunately? My device was determined to be defective when I took it in for an examination. I'm NOT mad at Rogers because ZTE made the thing so they are the ones at fault. Was easy to get it swapped and so far? So good. Firmwire works and haven't lost connection once yet but we'll see how it goes.

Unfortunately? Anyone else having a problem with the firmwire (accessing the modem to set it up) not loading at all even after multiple resets and diagnostics runs may have to take it in and get it exchanged so keep your receipts and all the parts handy!

-Tyler.

So I just bought the MF275R rocket hub about 2 weeks ago, having no issues with it till today. I've been gone all week so I haven't really touched it. I decided i wanted to start it up and do some gaming so I plugged it in and connected the lan cord to my computer and pushed the power button but it would not turn on. At one point  the power icon did turn on for a second but a bit later after that it never came back on. I have tried everything, plugging into different outlets, resetting it, trying to click the wan and power button at the same time. I thought maybe the antennas were the problem because they were really lose so I tightened them but that didn't do anything. I also could not find anything on the Internet about this. I tried disconnecting it, taking the sim out and put it back in again, did not work. Maybe it's the power button that is broken but I do not know. I never did anything to it, only to turn it on. It has only sat on my desk and it was always fine.  Another thing is I see my Internet in the Wifi area when you try to connect to wifi and I tried connecting it to but when I do it says no Internet is available. The hub also feels slightly warm. I do not know what to do but if anyone have a idea of what could be wrong, it would be very useful. Maybe the lights or power button burnt out?

Topic Stats