cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mobile Internet MF275R Rocket Hub - Speed

Buddyrod
I'm here a lot

Have used ZTE MF275R for a week with outside antena  booster repeater from wilson electonic

speed up to 50 mbs in LTE wood mountain area weak signal outside but steady inside

So far OK

***Edited labels***

18 REPLIES 18

Re: Mobile Internet MF275R Rocket Hub - Speed

eddy
I'm a reliable contributor

ZTE MF257R

To those using this newest rocket hub will you post what download speeds, upload speeds are you getting and your overall thoughts on the device thanks.  

Geezer
I plan to stick around

I just did a speed test at Bandwidth Place   <http://www.bandwidthplace.com>

The results were: 22.88Mbps down, 7.96Mbps up. I would round it up to 23 down, 8 up for the sake of argument. Sometimes I get marginally better speeds and sometimes when the traffic is crowded I get a bit less, but I would count on fairly consistent speeds at this level. 

This is without an external antenna attached and using the supplied rabbit ears that come with the ZTE MF275R

eddy
I'm a reliable contributor

Thank you.

Geezer
I plan to stick around

Just a small update: I moved the rabbit ears so they extend outwards from the side rather than upwards from the top of the device and the change in speed is significant! This small modification gave me a speed increase to 34.08 Down and 13.61 Up. I find this very interesting!

Thanks for updating the Community @Geezer

RogersSannecia

RogersDarrell
Community Manager (Retired)
Community Manager (Retired)

@Buddyrod

Great to hear!

Line of sight alignment may help with signal as well.

RogersDarrell

no doubt

mark11
I've been here awhile

why is LTE faster on my Iphone than the ZTE hub connected to the same tower ( same signal strength)

As the title says it all , I'm just wondering why my phone registers close to 20 megs on LTE but the hub can only squeak out roughly 5 max ( hub set to LTE only)  Any ideas?? 

Iphone 5 and ZTE ( latest) model.

RogersMay
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

@mark11

Which ZTE hub are you using?

Is the network mode set to automatic or manual?
How many devices are connected to the hub?

Please provide any other details you feel may be relevant.
Thanks! 🙂

RogersMay

mark11
I've been here awhile

MF275RF, set to "4G only" with a public IP. Speed the same roughly regardless of attached devices.  

Thanks for looking into this.

Tks

Hello, @mark11

Slow speed on you MF275R may have to do with its placement, the line of sight alignment may help. Have you tried checking the speed on a wired(Ethernet) connection yet? If you get similar speed as your iPhone then you may want to try placing the rabbit ears(antennas) as @Geezer did in Message 4

I would like to invite @Buddyrod & @Geezer to share their experiences in achieving good speeds, thank you all. Smiley Happy

Cheers,

RogersMoin

must be something not rite with your set up 

Reliable after 2 weeks. Speeds 35 to 50 mgps in weak reception area

Is the MF275 any faster than the previous Rocket Hub model, MF271?

Good Afternoon @wildland,

Welcome to the Community Forums!

The MF275 is definitely faster than the older model, the MF271. 

The MF271 allowed speeds of up to 75/25Mbps, while the new MF275 allows speeds of up to 150Mbps/50Mbps.

Hope this clarifies things for you!

@RogersGabrielle

ZTE MF275R Rocket Hub Upload Speed Issues

We've been using the MF275 Rocket hub for a month now with acceptable speeds (at least for our location).  However, every few days the upload speed will suddenly go to near zero.  The download speed, if anything, actually increases.  It takes a network/hub reset to get things going again.  This is a real issue as it basically makes the internet unusable for several hours while we try to fix it.

So far, there has been no technical explanation from Rogers.  As it seems to be periodic, we suspect that there might be a software issue with the hub (memory leak perhaps?)

Any others experiencing this type of issue or has possible solutions?

Thanks

Sfguy
I've been around

Have the same problem at our location.  Speeds will be very good (20+Mbps on download) for days/weeks and then all drops off and becomes unuseable until reset.  More recently this can be needed several times in a day.  No solution offered from Rogers tech support.  A disconnect through the Hub mennu also seems to sometimes fix this.  Quicker than a reset.  Testing the same modem now on Bell network to see if better.

BillDavis
I've been around

Just setup my hub and I'm getting 94.02 download and speed 39.44. Very impressed but this is at 6:00 am in the morning. I will try again later today at peek times and post finding. Thank you Rogers.

Good morning & welcome to the Community @BillDavis,

I'm glad to hear about your experience so far, thank you for sharing you feedback with us. 

RogersZia

Topic Stats
  • 18 replies
  • 7 Likes
  • 14 in conversation