Manage/Monitor Data Usage on Rogers Hub?

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Manage/Monitor Data Usage on Rogers Hub?

Thank you for your reply @colinrobertwern!

Do you keep track of your usage using the tool within the Hub or via MyRogers?

If you do so using the Rocket Hub settings, you may want to make sure the data resets at the same time as your billing cycle.

If you'd like us to help accelerate the process in the resolution of this issue, please send us a PM as indicated in our post above. We'd like to assist you!

RogersMaude

I've Been Around

ZTE hub MF275R

Is it possible to have a daily data limit on the set up of the hub. 

AThank you

Retired Moderator RogersCilio
Retired Moderator

Hello @allanwross,

Welcome to our Community Forums Smiley Happy.

With how easily video streaming can eat up your data usage, I can definitely appreciate your question. 

We do have the Wireless Data Manager available to customers on a Share Everything plan (Find more info here), however, regrettably it is not currently available to our Rocket Hub subscribers. 

I encourage you to provide your feed-back on our Share a Concern page, as this would definitely be valued input!

Kind regards,

RogersCilio

I Plan to Stick Around

Just got my bill and it tells me I used 2.65 GB.Now this is on a Chromebook for about 30 hours

of using Google maps.What would my bill be like if I used it every day.

How is it possible to use that much data in 30 hours of using Google maps.

Hello, @jwayne

Thank you for posting your concern in the Community. The data usage can be surprising at times particularly when you least expecting it. 

If the Internet was not used for any other purpose except for maps then it's possible the Chromebook might have been downloading system updates. Also, the other various apps could also check updates and download when your Chromebook gets connected to the Internet. 

You can also try downloading areas and navigate offline to minimize the data usage. 

Thank you for understanding!

Cheers,

RogersMoin

I Plan to Stick Around

Maybe,but I don't have any apps on my Chromebook except Skype,so I don't know how much data Skype uses.

I Plan to Stick Around

From the original Skype to now Microsoft having Skype,how much more data would be running in the background,email,etc.,thus using up much more data than the original Skype program when on your mobile stick/hub.

Good morning @jwayne!

While we don't typically support Skype related questions, I found the answer for you!

You can find the answer to your question with regards to bandwidth usage on Skype's official site here: https://support.skype.com/en/faq/FA1417/how-much-bandwidth-does-skype-need

Regards,

RogersCorey

I Plan to Stick Around

It says not recommended for mobile use.Works fine on mobile for me.I was just thinking it might be why my bill is higher when I have Skype turned on when on my mobile stick.I only use it when I forget my cell phone.

Thanks for the answer link.

I Plan to Stick Around

My bill is back to normal,so it must be I had Skype on to much,but there are no other programs like Skype that I know of.

Topic Stats
  • 24 replies
  • 6 Likes
  • 11 in conversation