cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LTE WiFi Rocket Stick E8372

peterpan68
I've been here awhile

Hi, does, anyone knows how to prohibit LTE WiFi Rocket Stick E8372 from automatically opening IE after windows reboot ? I cannot find any settings to disable opening IE with connection status.

***Edited Labels***

6 REPLIES 6

Re: LTE WiFi Rocket Stick E8372

RogersArthur
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Hi @peterpan68,

Thank you for your patience and welcome to the Community Forums!Smiley Happy

What page is IE automatically opening to (a search page, Huawei or a Rogers page)? Do you have any Wi-Fi connected computers doing the same thing? Has it worked fine before? I believe the option to bypass the browser from automatically opening is in the LTE WiFi Rocket Stick's device management web page at http://huawei.setup or http://192.168.8.1.

RogersArthur

peterpan68
I've been here awhile
It's a device page, I guess called LTE WiFi Rocket Stick's device management web, with Rogers logo and connection status, Modem is already setup and working fine. Can you point me where is that optionexacly, I could not find anything like " do not launch device management web each time windows restarts". Thank you

Hi @peterpan68,

Simular to some earlier Huawei rocket stick models, the LTE WiFi Rocket Stick E8372 should have a start-up page feature under the settings preference option. This is where you should find several start-up boxes to check and un-check. You'll need to remove the check boxes from both 'show home page on connection' and 'Launch on OS start-up'. If you are not unable to location the start-up section, It maybe due to the software version, If possible, please show the community screen shots of the set up web management page.

Thanks,
RogersArthur

peterpan68
I've been here awhile

Hi, I have checked all tabs, there is no check marks related to starting home page at all.

Took a scrennshot of the software version :

Capture.JPG

Hi @peterpan68,

Thank you for your patience and the screen shot, this really helps.Smiley Happy

If you are still experiencing the same issue of not being able to bypass the browser from launching the LTE Wi-Fi Rocket Stick's device management page. From what I can see this software version dosen't look like the option to remove it from start-up is featured or seems to be hidden. Are you able to connect the rocket stick to one or more computers to see if you have the same results? How long have you had the rocket stick? Also if it's not too much trouble could you please send a screen shot of the update tab? I'd like to see what message (if any) or what options shows up. The only work around that I'm trying to avoid, is having you removing the E8372 Rocket Stick's file from Windows start-up option.

Your patience is greatly appreciated.
RogersArthur

Found the key below:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Mobile Broadband HL Service

In this key was lactation for the folder where the service has its config files “C:\ProgramData\MobileBrServ”. Just need to update a Dat file to disable the option.

Topic Stats
  • 6 replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 in conversation