LTE Rocket Stick Sierra Wireless Aircard 330U

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I've Been Around

LTE Rocket Stick Sierra Wireless Aircard 330U

Hello, I'm new to the Rogers Forum.

I want to say I am NOT new to the Microsoft nor Norton, forums.

I have spent hours and hours of my time trying to figure out why I could not receive Windows 7, SP 1, windows updates.  And I mean hours and hours.

Through elimination of problems with my operating system and N.I.S., I narrowed it down to connectivity.  Changed my DNS servers as Rogers received many bad write-ups concerning speed and time outs.  But I still received the Windows Update error message I see in my sleep....  8024402C.  This windows message is burned into my eye balls.

So I decided not to use my Rogers Stick (model noted in Subject line), and went to use a public network found in my local coffee shop.  AND, the updates were found and installed perfectly.

SO I ASK THE COMMUNITY.....

IF ANYONE ELSE OUT THERE IS RUNNING WINDOWS 7 SP1, AND CANNOT RECEIVE WINDOWS UPDATES....IT'S THE ROCKET STICK.

***Edited labels***

I Plan to Stick Around

Re: LTE Rocket Stick Sierra Wireless Aircard 330U

The problem could be with the Sierra Wireless AirCard Watcher application. There's an option (in some versions of the software anyway) to enable or disable access to Windows Update.

See the sixth screenshot from the end of this document: http://www.dell.com/support/troubleshooting/au/en/audhs1/KCS/KcsArticles/ArticleIframeView?docid=645...