LTE On rocket hubZTE BD06

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I'm Here A Lot

LTE On rocket hubZTE BD06

Have a rocket hub ZTE BD06.  LTE is now in my area and can't switch from 4G as the area is greyed out.  just want to go to Automatic the if there is a LTE signal it will get it.

***Edited Labels***

Solved! Go to Solution.

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Re: LTE On rocket hubZTE BD06

Hello @jonjoy

I actually don't know what model is BD06? Most HUBs are set to automatic to the best signal suited for connection.

I want to get some better understanding, 4G to LTE will and should work as long as you are in the coverage of LTE, my current question is more towards the model.

I couldn't even find the model number on ZTE website, as originally I thought it was a grey-market device you had.

Can you provide a little more clarification on what ZTE device this is? And where does it show the "Greyed out" part? Are you looking under settings?

Thank you,

RogersShakir

View solution in original post

All Replies
Highlighted
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Hello @jonjoy

I actually don't know what model is BD06? Most HUBs are set to automatic to the best signal suited for connection.

I want to get some better understanding, 4G to LTE will and should work as long as you are in the coverage of LTE, my current question is more towards the model.

I couldn't even find the model number on ZTE website, as originally I thought it was a grey-market device you had.

Can you provide a little more clarification on what ZTE device this is? And where does it show the "Greyed out" part? Are you looking under settings?

Thank you,

RogersShakir

View solution in original post

Highlighted
I'm Here A Lot

Hi Thanks for the reply....this hub is about 4yrs old, its not listed on the web site now.  Works fine just wanted to get LTE signal if its available.  Found out you have to Disconnect first the change the setting then reboot the hub.  The greyed out part is in settings.  Rogers should still provide info on discontinued Hubs, I am sure lots of users still have this Model.

Thanks again ....John.

Highlighted
I'm Here A Lot

BD06 I just found out is the Rogers number.  ZTE MF28B is the Number ...sorr y about that.John

Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Okay... hmm.

Still don't know which model you speak of, so to assist you better (and this may sound silly). Let's play a picture game!

Rocket Hubs.jpg

These are all the models I can find available to me in my documentations, any of them look similar to yours?

I assume it's one of the ZTE (But I added the rest I foundto provide you everything I can pull up regarding this).

Highlighted
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Haha, We both posted on the same time.

As per the information I have, It shows me it is LTE is fully active.

Have you changed the settings yourself?

Because by default the Mobile Network Icon (The Saturn/Globe with Rings) should be BLUE for LTE and GREEN for 4G.

I wonder if your sim card is not "officially" a LTE.

But let's work with one thing at a time, did you change any settings? or is this running on default settings?

Highlighted
I'm Here A Lot

Hi..Its on Auto and globe is green so I guess its the Sim Card.I'll have to take it to the Rogers store and get a new Sim.

Thanks again..John.

Highlighted
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Hey @jonjoy

Just following up, do tell when that resolves the issue or if any other questions you may have regarding this; the community is always here for help!

The users, the Resident Experts and the Mods are looking out for you, bud. :]

Cheers John,

@RogersShakir

Highlighted
I'm Here A Lot

Still no LTE even though the Map says I should get an LTE signal.  The guy at the store said the maps on coverage are not very accurate in this area...lots of trees etc.

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

It looks like the MF28B just supports the 2600 MHz LTE band. Is that frequency supported on the tower that serves you? Also, I think the higher frequencies do not cover as far as lower ones and also degrade more with trees and other obstructions.

The problem may be that you need a more recent router such as the ZTE MF275R to cover more frequencies.

Perhaps you can check with Rogers to see what frequencies you need. Another option might be to take your MF28B with SIM card to the Rogers store and see if they can get an LTE signal from their location.