Is there a limit of 15 devices on the rocket hub

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I'm Here A Lot

Is there a limit of 15 devices on the rocket hub

The other items on this topic are at least a few years old. I am about to move to Rogers and with 2 iPads, phones, printers light switches cameras etc 15 devices are not enough. 

Has this been resolved?

should I simply plug into it my current ac router and give it a different ssid?

Advice please

George

***Edited labels***

Solved! Go to Solution.
Highlighted
Retired Moderator RogersAsif
Retired Moderator

Re: Is there a limit of 15 devices on the rocket hub

Welcome to the Community @Gjwa Smiley Happy

As listed here on our website, the ZTE MF275R Rocket Hub allows up to 20 Wi-Fi devices. Bridging your Rocket Hub to a 3rd party router is not something we support.

I would advise commenting on any topics you see regardless of the date as other users in the Community who have commented & may have experience on this will receive a notification of your post.

RogersAsif

I'm Here A Lot

Thank you for this.  Looking at the old responses did not help. They all said the limit was 15. That is still not enough, especially when the family comes for a vacation. That is why I currently have both a Telus router and my own. I guess even in 2016 the telcom providers have not yet caught up with the demand for services.

Not supported does not mean it doesn't work

George 

I Plan to Stick Around

Not supported means that Rogers won't help you solve problems with devices that connect through your own router.    I prefer to use my own router because of the device-limitations of the RocketHub and its minimal feature set.

I leave the WiFi enabled on the RocketHub so that I can connect devices directly to the RocketHub when necessary for my own troubleshooting and so that Rogers will still provide me with support.

I've not had any issues with my configuration, even with the double-NAT that some posters to this forum warn about.

I'm Here A Lot

Thanks, appreciate the input.