cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I didn't buy a SmartDrive, why does the email say I did?

brokencompany
I've been here awhile

I just received an email stating about this Smart Drive thing:

"Now that you've received your Rogers Smart DriveTM device.."

BUT, I didn't buy one, and I don't even have an active Rogers account (when I try to login to my profile it keeps asking me to associate it with a Rogers account).

Is this an error or did someone use my email address to sign up for service? 

**Added Labels**

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: I didn't buy a SmartDrive, why does the email say I did?

Hello Community,

We aware that some customers received an email regarding Rogers Smart Drive in error.

As you can imagine, we are experiencing a much higher than usual volume of calls and chats regarding this and we want you to know that you do not have to obtain confirmation from a representative. Rest assured that no product or service was added to your account. We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience this may have caused.

RogersShaun  

View solution in original post

48 REPLIES 48

disallow
I've been around
I got the same email. I have an active account, but didn't sign up for smart drive. Tried getting in touch with Rogers, I guess they are busy, can't get through!

brokencompany
I've been here awhile
Ok thanks, glad to know it's not just me.

Same here. I sent a complaint to their executive. Support says an hour wait. Ridiculous. I am a long-time Apple customer, and NEVER EVER have to wait that long for support. They are one of the biggest and most successful companies in the world. They have ZERO respect for their customers time.

RhondaMM
I've been around

I got the same stupid email.... did not choose a smart drive.  Just the thought of calling a Rogers makes me shudder and reach for the wine bottle 

gregrout
I'm here a lot

I have received the same email. Chatted with Rogers via the website. He gave me this : "I had a lot of customers chat today with the exact same issue. but it may still be worth contacting our smart drive department at 1-844-896-5223 and our fraud department at 1-800-588-6718". Called the fraud department while chatting. He told me I had to get the agent to open a fraud case. He didn't. So I'm forever on hold with the smart drive department. They've hold music is peppered with "use our online support...." messages, even though this department doesn't have any of that. Went to Facebook, lots of people there, same problem. What amazes me is that they have a CEO that's pushing Customer Service, but there's NO ownership, no notice to customers... to make matters worse, it's the Rogers customers that are left hunting and digging around... So my evening has been shot to heck by this e-mail. 

Rosco72
I've been here awhile

I received this same email..... Tried contacting their "Live Chat" said there is no operators available. Tried FB messanger... no response... Tried Twitter @RogersHelps. Same thing... no dice. Called, I've been on hold for over half an hour. Very odd

fcapone
I've been here awhile
I just got same email. I’m an active Rogers user, but never signed up for smart drive...
Perhaps if someone can get through and talk to a human being, they can enlighten us?

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hey guys.

Count me in. I contacted a manager that I speak to and I was told this is a system glitch going around. He said just to ignore it. The system glitches out and sent out a mass email to everyone regarding this.

No one is on anyone's account and it's not fraud.

fcapone
I've been here awhile
Jesus Christ! Tried calling smartdrive department. 45min-1hr wait time!? They are out of their mind!

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @fcapone

Thats because everyone is calling them. So they are all tied up with the calls.

Rosco72
I've been here awhile
Since you have an in with management, maybe you can ask why no one is answering any support lines? Cheers

Update: Talked to Smart Drive Agent. He confirmed with me that e-mails were sent out in error to Rogers Customers. Take what you want with that. To be 100% safe I'd still recommend giving their smart drive department a call 1-844-896-5223. This way there's a record of your call about it along with the confirmation from the agent, if the rare case that this snowballs into something else.

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @Rosco72

All lines are tied up because everyone is calling into Rogers for this issue.

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @gregrout

That is correct as posted on page1 as well. Seems like their systems glitched out and caused this.

I just sent an email to a journalist who wrote a positive article about the President of Rogers, Joe Natale and Customer Service and copied Joe Natale, so let's see what happens.

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @Naftalim

I get it that Rogers has yet said anything but we know what's wrong. It's a system error and glitch which cause this. It would be great to see Rogers response here though

Nothing will happen. It's funny to see everyone jumping on Rogers when one mistake happens which a system glitched out and caused this. The media won't do anything, the journalist won't do anything.

You will be told it's a glitch and that's all. It's a system issue. Error. Happens to even company once in a while. Best Buy, Apple, Microsoft, Samsung and others have done this. Its a mistake

Its not the glitch that's the issue, it's the hour wait to get an answer.

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @Naftalim

I get it and That is true however all reps are dealing with everyone calling in, live chat and Facebook / Twitter support is flooded with everyone asking.

I have spoken to one of the social media Rogers reps which says they have over 500 people asking them within 20 minutes of what's going on. It takes time to answer them all. Including the calls too.

I wonder why Rogers hasn't posted something yet. Maybe they are trying to see what is causing this so they can stop it and then say.

Someone here had the right comment. Why is is that the Rogers customers are the ones that have to find the answers as to what happened and then let people know what happened! That is what Rogers is supposed to do

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @Naftalim

Oh i agree with that. Seems like Rogers failed to send another email or speak out about this issue and had their customers instead figuring it out onntheir own.

I guess it was random and they are scrambling to figure this out instead of letting us know.
Topic Stats