How to force a connection to LTE?

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I'm Here A Lot

How to force a connection to LTE?

I have a ZTE MF28B Hub, and via Rogers LTE coverage site can see that I'm well within the LTE coverage area (Postal Code N7M6J8).

Unfortunately, my assumption is that the tower I'm always connecting to the closest tower to me which is 4G.  Is there any way to force my device to try and pull signal from the tower that does have LTE service in Chatham, Ontario?

If not, is there any information available that would provide me an idea as to when the tower that is closest in distance to me would be upgrade to LTE?

Thanks all

***Edited labels***

Solved! Go to Solution.
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: How to force a connection to LTE?

The only way I know to limit your connection to LTE is to launch the ZTE interface (http://192.168.1.1/login.asp), disconnect the Internet network under the "house" icon settings, then go to "settings." This will open the Network Select settings. Then select "LTE only." Now go back to the house icon and click on the "Connect" button. If you have an LTE network available, the hub will connect to it. If LTE is not available, it will not connect to anything. In this latter case you need to go back to the house icon, click on the "disconnect" button then click on "Settings" and select either "Automatic" or "4G only". Then back to the house icon and click on "Connect". 

Not having LTE within range where I live, I choose to leave my Network Select on "4G only" because it is much more stable than "Automatic." 

Highlighted
I'm Here A Lot

Re: How to force a connection to LTE?

Appreciate the response, i'll try that.