cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Flex Rate Data Only Plans Usage Unavailable

brollo
I've been here awhile
I haven’t been able to see my data usage on my Flex Wireless internet plan for some 3 weeks now. I enquired with Rogers and heres the response;

When looking into your account it shows that you do have what is called a Flex data plan for your Mobile Internet.  With this in the past we had shown usage on My Rogers for this, but we have found that this usage which was being put on the website was not accurate.  So the data usage for Mobile Internet Flex plans like yours will no longer at this time be uploaded to My Rogers.  However what I have done is checked and approximately 16GB of usage was used since your billing cycle restarted on July 7th.

It seems strange that he was able to give me my data usage but it cannot be posted on MyRogers.

Come on Rogers. Its 2020. You obviously have this info for billing purposes so why can’t we see it?

**Added Labels**
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Flex Rate Data Only Plans Usage Unavailable

tinpusher
I plan to stick around
On your ZTE router you can view data usage.
Open a browser tab and enter 192.168.0.1 into the address line.
Default password is admin
On the Home tab you can see your current data, time connected and speeds.
At the start of your billing cycle disconnect and reconnect to reset the counter.
You can set up a limit and a warning if you wish. On the Information tab look under Data Limit Settings.
This gives you instant usage data not the 12 hour delayed, allegedly inaccurate usage data that Rogers no longer thinks we want to see.

View solution in original post

19 REPLIES 19

becky46
I've been here awhile

Since June 29, 2020 I no longer have access to my usage for my rocket hub.  This information was very important to me as I am a senior on a tiered plan and do not have unlimited access as it is not available in my rural area.  I was informed by Rogers that there is nothing to do about it.  This is what Rogers thinks of their rural customers.

RogersJo

Hey @brollo  & @becky46

Welcome to the Rogers Community Forums! I hope you're staying safe and sound. 😊 I certainly understand the importance of staying on top of your data usage especially on a Flex Rate Data Plan. MyRogers is super helpful in ensuring you stay on top of your usage! With that said, I can understand what an inconvenience it may be as you are unable to keep an eye on your usage. 

Let's get down to the bottom of this for you! Please send us a private message @CommunityHelps so we can have a gander at this for you. In the event that you're unfamiliar with our private messaging system, feel free to Click Here.

Looking forward to hearing from you. 👍

Regards, 

RogersJo 

tinpusher
I plan to stick around
I reported this issue last week. Today I got a confusing voicemail saying that this issue was resolved but "going forward I would not be able to view usage" anymore. How is that a resolution? He then asked me to clear cache etc as though that would make it work and then stated again that my usage would still not be visible. ????
Its not visible on the app either even though the home page of My Rogers online has a big picture of a phone with data usage showing.
Come on Rogers! Get a handle on this. Those of us that are rural rely on this over-priced service and now you expect us to blindly go through the month with no idea of our usage hoping that we stumble into the next tier and trigger $$$.
Its 2020 and I'm 50km from the CN tower and this is the best you can do?

tiffanyoung
I've been here awhile

Unable to view data usage via MyRogers app or Rogers website. As someone who accesses the internet by Rocket Hub, knowing how much data I've used is of great importance when the plans are so expensive and the amounts owing are dependent on the amount of data used. As Rogers recently cancelled all their nonpay contracts, there should be plenty of extra help available to resolve this issue. 🙂

tiffanyoung
I've been here awhile
"When looking into your account it shows that you do have what is called a Flex data plan for your Mobile Internet. With this in the past we had shown usage on My Rogers for this, but we have found that this usage which was being put on the website was not accurate. So the data usage for Mobile Internet Flex plans like yours will no longer at this time be uploaded to My Rogers."

For a brief period, the app/website suggested it was updating usage every 4 hours instead of the 12 it originally was. An estimate every 12 hours was enough to be able to budget data and keep from moving into the next tier and paying a lot more for a lot less.

Can ya'll change it back, please? And perhaps direct people who have trouble keeping track of usage unless there's an exact number in front of them to the likes of us who have figured it out?

tinpusher
I plan to stick around
With a bit of research I managed to get a measure of the throughput of my router and display it on the router's webpage. So as long as I remember to reset it at the start of the billing period I can get real time usage data. You can watch it scroll as data is moved. How hard can that be for Rogers and their geeks to figure out?

I have a internet hub and am no longer able to see what I am using. With Covid and increased internet use I was way over and had a huge bill. They tell me there is no way to track my usage. They cannot notify me when I am nearing the end of my plan limits so I just get a huge bill and am responsible for paying it. Why can I not track my use? And why can I not receive a warning when I am nearing the end of my plan limit??

tinpusher
I plan to stick around
On your ZTE router you can view data usage.
Open a browser tab and enter 192.168.0.1 into the address line.
Default password is admin
On the Home tab you can see your current data, time connected and speeds.
At the start of your billing cycle disconnect and reconnect to reset the counter.
You can set up a limit and a warning if you wish. On the Information tab look under Data Limit Settings.
This gives you instant usage data not the 12 hour delayed, allegedly inaccurate usage data that Rogers no longer thinks we want to see.

becky46
I've been here awhile

Rogers had told me to do this and it didn't work.  I wasted half a day trying this solution.  

tinpusher
I plan to stick around
What didn't work? It took less than 5 minutes and if you bookmark the page it's there instantly. Give it another go because Rogers aren't going to help.

becky46
I've been here awhile
The page it brings up has check your usage at the bottom of the page and it just sends me back to the MyRogers sign in page.

tinpusher
I plan to stick around
Did you follow my instructions above? That method has nothing to do with Rogers and goes directly to your router assuming you have a ZTE.

brollo
I've been here awhile

So I had a long - 1 hour chat with a Rogers rep today about this but was given the so sad - too bad standard reply. I am going to lodge a complaint about this with the CRTC and possibly escalate it to the CBC.

The CRTC Internet code section 2E states;

1. Notification – Usage limit

1. A service provider must notify a customer at least once when the customer reaches 75% of their usage limit, and again when they reach 90% of their usage limit, within a single monthly billing cycle.
  2. A service provider must notify a customer when they reach 100% of their usage limit within a single monthly billing cycle.

2. Data monitoring tools

1. If a service provider applies overage fees,the service provider must offer tools, at no charge, to help a customer monitor and manage their data usage and any additional fees incurred during a monthly billing cycle. A service provider is responsible for ensuring that such tools are accessible to customers with disabilities.
  2. A service provider must offer plain-language information on the data usage associated with common online activities. Such information must be clear, accurate, accessible, and easy to understand.

3. Notification – Data overage charges

1. A service provider must notify a customer who has incurred data overage charges during a billing cycle of where they can find information about (i) the account management tools the service provider offers, (ii) the data usage associated with common online activities, and (iii) alternative plans that may better suit the customer’s needs. Customers may opt out of these notifications at any time. Such notifications must be provided for each billing cycle in which a customer incurs data overage charges, unless the customer opts out of receiving such notifications. 

Rogers certainly don’t adhere to #1 and now #2 as well. Seems cut and dry that once again Rogers are ignoring the CRTC internet code.

I recommend that all of you lodge a complaint with the CRTC to stop this bully’ing from Rogers

If you need help with this then please PM me and I’ll try to assist.

Heres a link to the CRTC;

https://crtc.gc.ca/eng/internet/codesimpl.htm

cheers!

becky46
I've been here awhile

I am glad this is deemed to be the solution because it is not working for all of us.  I guess we are just out of luck.

tinpusher
I plan to stick around
What make/model is your router? A different make will have a different address.

brollo
I've been here awhile

The ‘resolution’ for this issue will not work for all.  I use an unlocked MF279 which will not show usage and besides when ever you have to re-boot your modem, which happens a lot, you will lose your usage data so I do not accept this as being resolved.

This is a ‘move’ to divert focus from the real issue of the original post that Rogers has removed the only real useful tool that ‘myRogers’ had and are now subjecting Flex plan users to possible overage charges. Remember, you are billed based on usage and so you are quite within your rights to have unimpeded access to that information at anytime during your billing cycle. It also begs the question that if Rogers were posting inaccurate data usage information then how accurate was your billing?

As stated in my previous post this goes against the CRTC internet code and anyone can lodge a complaint with them. It may be the only way that this gets truly resolved!

tinpusher
I plan to stick around

So My Rogers app and web page now showing data usage! It still shows as "data delayed up to 12 hours" but at least we have the information we need albeit a bit later than we'd like.

Web page shows 1 day left in billing cycle, but app says 2 days left.  <confused>

CCTS complaint still ongoing.

tiffanyoung
I've been here awhile
My usage is available and my mother, who also uses a hub, says she can see hers as well. Hurray!

tinpusher
I plan to stick around

Got a call from Rogers in response to the CCTS complaint. He listened to my complaints about data usage availability, mis-match between app and web re billing cycle and pricing and structure of this product. He said he would pass it along and be in touch. I'm not holding my breath but at least they're doing something.

Topic Stats
  • 19 replies
  • 7 Likes
  • 6 in conversation