Ever hear of Rocket HUB $50 max overage charge?

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I'm an Advisor

Re: Ever hear of Rocket HUB $50 max overage charge?

@89stang:

you mention that: "....almost everything is being done over the internet (most video places are closing due to streaming movies over the net) a 6 or even 20 gigabyte cap is becoming very easy to exceed. If there is an option to switck ot cable or something similar, then that would be great. But for alot of us in the country, myself included, this is the only option available to us."

You bring up what is really the crux of the matter.  Our government believes that "market forces" will resolve the issue for us.  They could not be more wrong.  Market forces are allowing the Canadian communications oligarchy to take full advantage of the situation to milk us dry.

I would be "nice" if they would offer more reasonable plans, but "nice" is not part of the capitalist vocabulary.  So, we need to beat on our elected representatives, make representations to the CRTC, and in the next election, vote for a government that will take effective action on the issue.

skinorth

I've Been Around

Thumbs up ....I agree. I would be willing to pay for a larger plan but Rogers only offers a 20 gig max. 2012 flex plan now. Rocket Hub.
$10.00 more per gig is too much. In the country cable is not available......I wish it was.
I'm Here A Lot

I too am in the same boat. What I have heard, is that both Bell and Rogers could bring wired internet to my area, but will not, because they can charge us much more on LTE.

This is the problem with these corporations lining the pockets of our so called elected representatives, who seem to bend over backwards to help the companies and harm citizens.

I am to the point of cancelling Satellite TV just so I can afford internet.

Worst is, my daughter works for Microsoft Game Studios, and I cannot play online with her in fear of overage.

Dan

I've Been Around

because cable is not always available. most of the people who use rocket hub do so because it's the only option, like living in the country.

I Plan to Stick Around

With the new crtc ruling a max overage of $50 on data, how does that effect us "hub" owners?

Will we be cut off of data once we reach our data limit. (I believe this is only for those who signed a contract after dec.12 2013)

I've Been Here Awhile

A link to the CRTC wireless code for those interested: http://www.crtc.gc.ca/eng/info_sht/t15.htm

The CRTC states it applies to your "cellphone and other mobile devices". Since the hub is essentially a stationary smartphone, I think it applies to all wireless connections. An official word from Rogers would be nice though. 

I Plan to Stick Around

It's not a courtesy that Rogers is providing. The CRTC mandates this max overage by law.

http://www.crtc.gc.ca/eng/info_sht/t14.htm

Highlighted
I've Been Around

Hi,

I have a ZTE rocket hub at the cottage and set it to 3 G limit (I have a 9G share flex plan).  The next month continous monitoring of a security camera in a web browser led to 12.5 G upload which led to 315% overage. The3G limit on the ZTE was therefore ignored.  Is there a way to automatically limit the monthly usage on the rocket hu either on the number assigned to account (by Rogers) or on the device itself?

Holzer