Data Usage on rocket sstick

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

Data Usage on rocket sstick

hello all.  i have the rocket stick and can usually keep within 5 gb by not viewing utube or videos and or streaming music, however find that my usage is being used at a higher rate than normal.  is it because there are so many videos posted on facebook (not looking at these either but when scrolling some of them automatically start playing) and or when viewing web pages advertisments will be on videos also and will start playing even when i have not accessed or started them. 

if this is the case is there a way for me to have these turned off or made unavailble in my settings or something?  ; }

thanks in advance for your help

***Edited labels***

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Re: Data Usage on rocket sstick

Its possible that is some of what is adding up to it, etc.

In the facebook settings.. there is an option to TURN OFF the automatic video playing.  not sure how to do it, but i know its there.  Do a search for it you can likey find instructions.

As for adds, etc tho.. not so much.
Your only real option then, would be to use a browswer like firefox or chrome, etc.. which support ADD IN programs which can block adds, etc.

I've Been Here Awhile

Thanks for the info Gdkitty, appreciate it.   I will indeed start using one of those search engines and do a search on how to turn off automatic play for videos on facebook.  : )

I've Been Here Awhile

When I click on my data usage it shows two amounts..., for example,  5.00GB  1.95GB  3.05GB  and 5.00GB  9.53GB  6.82GB.   What do these represent?

Retired Moderator RogersAsif
Retired Moderator

Welcome to the Community @Brian96

How are you viewing the usage? is this via the website or the MyRogers app? Could you post a screen shot?

Also are you sharing your data with any other devices/lines? If so, it is normal to see two numbers such as "My Usage" and "Others Usage"

RogersAsif

I've Been Here Awhile

When I look at my account info, under Data Usage, I click on the round balloon and it shows 2 sets of numbers.  I'll try and insert an image of the screen display...  This is for a Rocket Hub, so it is being used by my computer, 2 laptops, 2 iPhones, 2 ipads, etc.   I understand what the descriptions are, but why are there 2 sets of different numbers? 

By the way, this has nothing to do with how much data usage, but how it's reported online

Thanx..., Brian

Wireless Usage Aug 4.jpg

Retired Moderator RogersAsif
Retired Moderator

@Brian96

By the looks of the image, two services are being reported.

Do you have a Mobile Internet Plan and a Wireless Plan?

RogersAsif