Batteries on the Rocket Hub MF275 and the Mystery USB port?

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I've Been Around

Re: Batteries on the Rocket Hub MF275 and the Mystery USB port?

Hi

Did anyone figure out a way that you don't have to manually power this unit on after the battery drains.

I leave the hub at a remote location so I can connect to a wifi thermostat. We do get poweroutages, and if they go on too long (which does happen over winter) i lose the ability to remote in and switch the heating on.

If there's any way to have this ZTE automatically reboot when power is back, please please let me know!

I've Been Here Awhile

Re: Batteries on the Rocket Hub MF275 and the Mystery USB port?

I haven't actually looked at it much more since I was using mine in my vehicle as a mobile hotspot but it wasn't worth the extra data plan separate from my phone. Since I'm not using it I did pop the case off and it doesn't appear there would be a good way to short out the power button to force it to be always on due to the toggle behavior it has where you have to press and hold for some on/off shortcuts. I think it would require a software modification to change the power recovery behavior, that said I have a suspicion that the USB port maybe a JTAG port useful for debugging if you have a male to male USB A cable that would be the easiest way to test. Otherwise there also appears to be a JTAG port on the board itself but it requires a pin header to be attached. I doubt I'll have time to mess with it more in the near future, but that may give someone a hint to allow them to poke around.
Topic Stats
  • 11 replies
  • 3 Likes
  • 5 in conversation