4G internet with an LTE SIM card through the Rocket Stick software

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

4G internet with an LTE SIM card through the Rocket Stick software

I just got off the phone with support after asking about downgrading from an LTE SIM card to a 4G one, and after calling 4 or 5 different local Rogers centers for me, the rep was unable to find any that carried them. So, she had one shipped to me, but she claimed that she wasn't 100% certain it would be a 4G SIM, she had difficulty verifying the exact order or something. Because it would take 2-5 business days just to check, I thought I'd check in here to see what I can do with what I have.

On to the question: using the Rogers Connection Manager software that comes with the AirCard 330U wireless modem, how can I set up a profile that will not connect to LTE networks? 4G would be optimal, but really 3G would work fine as well. Here are some screenshots to illustrate what I'm working with:

http://i.imgur.com/TqEedsW.png - The default LTE profile

http://i.imgur.com/g3qP3BA.png - The 4G profile I attempted to set up.

I tried switching the APN to internet.com as opposed to lteinternet.apn, but that resulted in being unable to connect to the internet altogether. But regardless of what I do, MCC/MNC always appears as 000000 on this profile, which oddly doesn't seem to affect anything... Restarting the program updated the value to be identical to that of the LTE profile.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

***Edited labels***

Solved! Go to Solution.
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: 4G internet with an LTE SIM card through the Rocket Stick software

Is any member of the Community able to assist @ChaChaSpin with their Rocket Stick question?

RogersDarrell

I've Been Here Awhile

Re: 4G internet with an LTE SIM card through the Rocket Stick software

I'm sorry, I forgot to update the post, but recently the problem ended up solving itself.

Basically, aside from needing to be on 4G instead of LTE, I also needed to have a static IP. So shortly after writing that post, I got back on the phone with support and ended up upgrading my account to a business account and tacking on a static IP. Since then, perhaps coincidentally, or as an unintended side effect of this change, it seems to exclusively connect to 4G, and doesn't detect any LTE networks. I did not mention that I required 4G while on the phone with the reps who were performing these specific changes, so I'm fairly certain it was unintentional.

Furthermore, the card that ended up coming in the mail was identical to the one I already had, even having LTE written on the front. Anyway, at the moment, I am having no issues, although I'm not sure how the issue ended up being resolved, lol.

Order Now!
Wilder vs. Ortiz II Live
LIVE: Saturday, November 23, 2019 8PM ET
Channels: 348 (HD) | 350 (SD) | Ignite TV 499
Price: $74.99 (HD) | $69.99 (SD) | Ignite TV $74.99
DTV can order on Nov. 21st & Ignite TV customers can order now!

Reigning heavyweight world champion Deontay "The Bronze Bomber'' Wilder takes on his most dangerous challenger as he defends his WBC title in a rematch against once-beaten Cuban slugger Luis "King Kong'' Ortiz.

Topic Stats
  • 2 replies
  • 1 Like
  • 2 in conversation