yahoo email contacts problem

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: yahoo email contacts problem

Thank you very much @RogersAndy ,

You have provided clear direction so I am grateful. I just sent a private message with 2 jpg attachments and a concise description of this problem to @CommunityHelps .

Also, thank you to whomever removed (Solved) on this thread.

I Plan to Stick Around

I completely understand this, 57.

As per the purpose of this thread, the problem (absence of this contacts' new email address in autofill) is happening ever since I changed this particular contacts email address AND clicked on "x" in autofill when his former email address appeared because I will not be using it anymore. Thanks for your ongoing effort to help. As per @RogersAndy 's advice, I have sent a private message to @CommunityHelps .

I'm Here A Lot

I went to "contacts" and searched for the name that won't autofill. Let's say his name is Joe. I clicked on the box next to his name and then "assign to lists." I created a new list named "Joe." When I tried to email him his other addresses came up along with the list named Joe which I clicked on.

I did the same with my inlaws but added them to the list named "family." When I wish to email them, their other email addresses come up along this "family."

I Plan to Stick Around

kriv,

Here is a 3-part clip of what a Rogers Technician gave me in a private message as a reply after escalating this issue to Yahoo! on my behalf. In short, providing all of this contact's detail is as you want it in your address book, you must keep entering their email address manually - using any browser - until the auto-fill eventually draws it from your updated address book.

"The auto-fill isn't specifically a function of the website, but the browsers that it is being used in.  Clearing the contact from that auto-fill list removes it from the browser's history. If you primarily use Chrome, you may not have used Edge enough for it to add the address to it's auto-fill list.

If the contact is in your contacts list itself, the number of times it would take to manually type in the contact completely into the To: field and send the message before the browsers add it back will vary.  It's not something the browser will do after just once or twice if the entry was cleared from the list.

As long as they show up in the list of contacts themselves, then manually typing in their address and sending will eventually have them back in that auto-fill list.  What you describe happens during browser cleanups while people reset settings as well, so the same thing will happen from time to time."

Hope this helps.

I'm Here A Lot

Thanks for the info but this problem I have involves two people I email more than any others and it's been ongoing for the past few months. In any event, I'll continue to do what I described and hope that eventually their addresses will magically appear again.

Thanks again for your information.

@UNQ-1 wrote:

kriv,

Here is a 3-part clip of what a Rogers Technician gave me in a private message as a reply after escalating this issue to Yahoo! on my behalf. In short, providing all of this contact's detail is as you want it in your address book, you must keep entering their email address manually - using any browser - until the auto-fill eventually draws it from your updated address book.

"The auto-fill isn't specifically a function of the website, but the browsers that it is being used in.  Clearing the contact from that auto-fill list removes it from the browser's history. If you primarily use Chrome, you may not have used Edge enough for it to add the address to it's auto-fill list.

If the contact is in your contacts list itself, the number of times it would take to manually type in the contact completely into the To: field and send the message before the browsers add it back will vary.  It's not something the browser will do after just once or twice if the entry was cleared from the list.

As long as they show up in the list of contacts themselves, then manually typing in their address and sending will eventually have them back in that auto-fill list.  What you describe happens during browser cleanups while people reset settings as well, so the same thing will happen from time to time."

Hope this helps.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@UNQ-1 wrote:

"The auto-fill isn't specifically a function of the website, but the browsers that it is being used in. 

I'm not sure this is correct. I just recently started using Chrome on my MacBook Pro.  Before that I was using Firefox for many years.  When I type in the first letter of any name, Webmail brings up a list of the people I had dealt with previously, who are not even in my contacts list and who were never used with Chrome. Although I could be wrong, I do not therefore believe that this (autofill in Webmail) is browser-specific (like a cookie) since Chrome on my MBP has never "seen" all of these contacts before.  I tried typing in a, b, c, d.... and it brought up many names previously used in Webmail/FF.

I'm also pretty sure that if I were to go to Webmail using Chrome on my Mac Mini at home I would see similar autofills, which would be different from the autofills that I get when using Outlook, which is what I normally use at home.