yahoo email contacts problem

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I've Been Here Awhile

Re: yahoo email contacts problem

Hello, hello.

Yes, this problem has gone away.  I don't recall what made it go away.

Cheers.

Hello @UNQ-1!

Welcome to our Community!

I know it can be quite annoying when autofill doesn't work, especially once you come to rely on it.

Is this particular issue happening with every browser you try? It is my experience that swapping or updating browsers would correct an issue such as this. 

Please let us know.

Regards,

RogersCorey

I Plan to Stick Around

Good morning RogersCorey,

Thanks for your understanding and effort to help. I just tried it in a different browser and it did not work. I also deleted browser history in my preferred browser this morning and it still isn't working. I have also tried searching the deleted contacts folder but there's nothing in it. I even tried restoring that particular contact but it doesn't date back long enough (and I don't remember when I performed the following action below). Nothing has worked so far regardless of how much time I am putting into this. 

What I think may be the cause is I changed an email address on on of my contacts to an updated one and then clicked the X for the memory of the autofill of the former email address when creating a new email for that person whom I email every day. I have even tried changing the name and family name of my contact to his 2-worded business' name in an effort to circumvent this but to no avail. May I ask if there isn't a place where the X'd email addresses are stored? Please let me know if you have any more suggestions above and beyond these.

ps: I will now try to send this contact a new "test" email and ask him to reply this one time. Perhaps that will keep in memory the new and updated email address. This may just work. 

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

I don't have any contacts in my Rogers/Yahoo e-mail (Webmail).  I primarily use Outlook for Mac and I have my contacts there.  However, I have lots of previous e-mails in various folders of Webmail. When I compose a message in Webmail, in the "To" line, I type the first letter of the person I wish to e-mail and a possible list of e-mail addresses comes up. Sometimes if you type too many letters the "match" is gone.  Try typing only one letter - say starting with "a" or "b", etc. See if previous e-mail addresses come up for you.  If you get a list, you can then type a second letter...

Also, your "trick" of requesting a response from the person may work.

I Plan to Stick Around

The instructions you provided are great and am well aware on how to use autofill when wanting to draw one of my email contacts' email address to compose a new email. If you completely read through the thread you will understand that we are all now having problems doing this which wasn't an issue in the past. 

With all due respect, I am now hoping that your reply to my message is not going to be marked as a "solution" to this long-standing problem because it simply is not.

ps: I am still waiting for a response-email from my contact in hopes of this being the solution we are all looking for.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@UNQ-1 : I was just trying to provide you with a workaround until things are working the way they should.  I hope it gets resolved for you soon.

I didn't read the posts from many years ago because they could have had a totally different cause.

I Plan to Stick Around

Can you or whomever in the Rogers Community Expert team please reverse the mention that this problem (thread) has been "solved" as it is certainly not the case?

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

I don't believe they reverse solutions - it may have been a "solution" at the time, or simply marked as such.  Again, good luck working on your own solution.

Hey UNQ-1!

Assuming that this is a profile issue and not a browser level issue then it's possible that this may be correctable via a support ticket from us to Yahoo, technical support though would need to be able to replicate the issue so I'd definitely recommend contacting support either via Facebook/Twitter, LiveChat, Phone or through us here @CommunityHelps. For more information on our private messaging system check out our Blog

@RogersAndy

Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

As I mentioned earlier, I don't have any contacts in my Webmail, so I thought I do a test and put a new contact in there.  As soon as I typed the first letter of the contact in the "To" line, several options came up from previous e-mails to/from names starting with that letter, as well as the new contact. As I refined the name by typing more letters of the name, there were fewer and fewer options until only the "correct" (new) contact was in the "to" line.  Of course, I could have also selected the name from the dropdown list of possible e-mail addresses after typing just one or two letters, if I wanted to.

I'm using the latest version of Chrome on my Mac Mini...