yahoo email contacts problem

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I've Been Around

yahoo email contacts problem

You begin to type a name in the To box for Rogers Yahoo email. Shouldn't it recognize the name from contacts and complete the email address?

It does not. Yet all the contacts are there under the contacts tab.

What's going on?

***edited labels***

I'm a Senior Advisor

Re: yahoo email contacts problem

I am having the exact same problem. The auto complete is not working. I also noted that when you try to use the "add recipients" function, the contact list is empty, yet when I go to view my contacts, all of the names appear. 

I discovered that using the following link will take you back to classic email and everything works fine there.

http://ca.mc886.mail.yahoo.com/mc/welcome?switch=1

I've Been Around

That didn't work for me. I doesn't take me to the classic format. I contacted online support but no resolution yet.

I'm a Senior Advisor

That link worked a few months ago but is no longer valid. Classic mail has been eliminated now by Yahoo - of which Rogers is a part of. Everyone has now been switched over to the new email format.

I'm a Senior Advisor

Re: yahoo email contacts problem and link to classic email

A little searching on Google however did locate another link which still brings up the classic mail:

http://au.mc1214.mail.yahoo.com/mc/welcome?ymv=0

Give it a try - it worked for me.

I've Been Here Awhile

Hello.

It's the 15th of February 2016 and I have just discovered this problem when writing email in Rogers Yahoo.  Does anyone know of a cure?

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

I just tested it a few days ago for another user with the same issue in another thread.

I think its a brower issue.. on how Yahoo has created the web app, and how it interacts with the specific browser.

In IE, it appears to bring up everything.
In chrome... it doesnt (brings up some things, but not all)

Not sure about FF

I've Been Here Awhile

I just go a replacement modem / router from Rogers and it is still a problem.   Has anyone heard from Rogers about a way to sort this?

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

if you had read my reply above..

There is NO solution so to speak for it.. its has nothing to do with modem, etc.

Its broswer based.  Works on some, not on others.

You will either have to try another browser...

If you want it fixed, you would have to talk with Yahoo, as its their interface, rogers can not fix it.

I Plan to Stick Around

I know your post dates back a while ago but did you ever find a solution? I am running into the same problem but contacting Help through Yahoo.com

@berr wrote:

You begin to type a name in the To box for Rogers Yahoo email. Shouldn't it recognize the name from contacts and complete the email address?

It does not. Yet all the contacts are there under the contacts tab.

What's going on?

***edited labels***

I know your post dates back to 2011 but did you ever find a well-founded solution because contacting Help at Yahoo.com for this particular issue is impossible.