why after internet goes down i get my rogers router login page

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I Plan to Stick Around

why after internet goes down i get my rogers router login page

latly when ever there is an internet outage ie: early when i tried to post this question my net went down and i got my rogers router login screen come saying i may have to do someting to get my net back or something to that effect :-) this has beengoing on for the last few weeks and its a royal pain cause you get the impression that you have to log in to your router and do something but what can you do when the net is down but wait and see when it will come back up on its own with out doing anything

**Edited Labels**

Retired Moderator RogersRoland
Retired Moderator

Re: why after internet goes down i get my rogers router login page

Hey @hiho,

Thank you for your post.

This is indeed an unique incident. I have not heard of any other incidents like this. Maybe @Datalink@VivienM or @Gdkitty  can add something to this?

Anyone else in the Community experiencing similar symptoms?

RogersRoland

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Maybe i am not quite understanding.

While you are trying to do something on the internet, go to a webpage, or something.. and the net goes down, something comes up?
More than likely its just the BROWSER troubleshooter, etc, i would think?

It shouldnt be taking you to your router login page.

And even if the net is down (say rogers side) as long as the modem is still up, you should still be able to log into the modem at the time, etc.

I Plan to Stick Around

nope defenily not a web browser thingy its my rogers modem/router login page that comes up..np getting into the modem since the login page comes up the problem is why does it come up and how do i stop it from doing it when the net goes down cause it serves no purpose what so ever, all it does is confirm the fact that you are down :-)

I Plan to Stick Around

kk it has done it again and this time i took a few screen captures of 3 diffrnt pages that i was on the net went down then it came back up i got a pop up that said that i need to login to my router clcik here so i clicked it and this is what i got when it took me to the login page

http://i.imgur.com/H7pgkal.png
http://i.imgur.com/h6Me1s9.png
http://i.imgur.com/ksiJ5ia.png

I Plan to Stick Around

Your login url should be http://192.168.0.1/login.html

Something looks suspicious in the screenshots provided. I would suggest that you look carefully at the URL before giving your password. Check the modem led for internet status.

Hello, @hiho

Thank you for posting your observation in the Community. I have noticed this behaviour as well. Most likely you are using CGN3ACSMR and it's running either .21 or .22 firmware version. When the modem is in gateway mode and Internet connection is lost, since the default gateway is 192.168.0.1 and it can't go on the Internet it is displaying the login screen instead of the regular page can't be displayed. At this moment, I don't see the option to turn it off. However, as you stated already it confirms the Internet service is offline. Smiley Happy

Cheers,

RogersMoin

PS: @nl2 - Good observation, however, it's not alarming. hiho was trying to reach imdb.com instead the modem login page was displayed because the Internet was offline and the modem was not able to reach the outside destination. 

I Plan to Stick Around

The OP indicated that the login page was a result of a a click action in a popup message indicating internet down.

I Plan to Stick Around

accually no i wasnt trying to go to any page that is what was opened when i clicked on the popup telling me i need to do something [didnt say what] in my router

2 of the screen shots were pages that i was on prior to going down

imdb is the one that got opened when i clicked on the pop up

the tv one is showing my logiin info for that site

the .net one is showing my login info for that

imdb shows nothing cause there is no login for that site that i need to use

imgur shows no login nfo

and none of them will accually login to the modem i have to enter the nfo manually

I've Been Here Awhile

Yeah, I have been seeing this too.  I've been battling a terrible internet experience for months now.  Multiple times an hour it goes downSmiley Mad  Sometimes the router thinks the internet is still up, other times it resets the DOCSIS links.  Sometimes it will show me the router login screen as you are seeing when I've requested some other site.

Personally I'm about to throw the router out the window and go somewhere else.  Several months now and no resolution.  Can't even get someone from Rogers to call me back with an update.  Probably because they don't have an update.

Anyway, what you are seeing must have changed in a recent update to the routers as I wasn't seeing this behaviour previously.