unable to connect to godaddy.com or godaddy hosted websites

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

unable to connect to godaddy.com or godaddy hosted websites

has anyone ever had an issue where;

-from any computer (several) or smartphone (several) or tablet (several) cannot access godaddy.com.

-I can access any other web site.

-just started to happen a week ago, ok up until then.

-ping to godaddy.com is unresolved.

-tracert cannot find 97.74.104.201

rogers support have been trying to resolve for several days, LOL

***Edited Labels***

I Plan to Stick Around

Re: unable to connect to godaddy.com or godaddy hosted websites

No problem for me.

-clammydog
I'm NOT a Rogers employee, my comments are my own.
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Able to connect from here as well

I've Been Around

Anyone else having problem logging in to Godaddy.com? Called Godaddy and they advised the problem lies with ISP Rogers. Something on their server is failing to load or transmit Godaddy website to Canadian Customers. This system glitch has been on since tonight from 7pm (EST) it is now 11pm and still unable to load, open or log in to GoDaddy. Most frustrating to say the least. Called Rogers and at first I was told that it was GoDaddy's problem even though I called GoDaddy back and they advised that the problem is NOT ON THEIR END BUT ROGERS and to call Rogers back. Have been on the phone for the past 3 hours being ping-ponged back and forth between these two service providers. The issue is definitely between these two because I can open all other websites that I tried no problem. Only when I type in the search bar:  www.GoDaddy.com the system automatically reroutes the search and opens up https://ca.godaddy.com/ and the site looks funny. Meaning GoDaddy's webpage is black text menu bars scattered all over the page, none of the links work and one cannot sign in. If anyone is experiencing similar please share including any solutions that may have worked for you - as I NEED TO UPDATE MY WEBSITE and this technical glitch is costing me time and money! Arrrghhh!

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

I have checked on my rogers connection at home.

Godaddy.com loads fine... it does re-direct to ca.godaddy.com

But i tested the same on my Bell work connection.. the site loads the same visually, as well as to the same ca.godaddy.com

Only other thing i can think, might be yes, on their side.
Wouldnt be the first time, we have seen similar happen on here.
Where their end is blacklisting a specific range of IPs (within rogers?) possibly do to spamming, etc.
Preventing it to get to the site.

I've Been Here Awhile

Hey there...

Just a heads up that this was occuring to me as well. Called Godaddy and they had mentioned it was on the Rogers end, indicating that it may be an issue accessing the ISP in the US. I called Rogers and they rebooted my modem. I also had to unplug. After a few minutes godaddy email and their site was up and running. Tech support told me that my modem received a firmware update and that may have caused it. WHy it was only affecting Godaddy and GOdaddy email is beyond my comprehension. However I am back up and running.

This happened a few months back as well. In that case it just started working agin on its own after I left for a couple of hours. Try the modem reboot thing but have ROgers reboot from their end.

I've Been Around

This is exactly what's been happening to me for the last 3 days...going back and forth from Rogers to Go Daddy, both acknowleding there's a problem but not taking responsibility for anything. Both companies are BS because the customer is left high and dry, unable to work on their sites, etc. losing income and paying both companies as well. What other choice do I have? Switch to Bell and Wix?

I've Been Around

I am having the same issues connecting to Godaddy. I was able to connect earlier today at the office using a different ISP.

I've Been Here Awhile

It's happening again. Unbelievable. Rogers is now saying that it's Godaddy.

Godaddy mentioned it's an ISP that ROgers is using in the US to connect.

Anyway I'm about to cancel everything. Can't afford this.

I've Been Around

I am having the very same issue here. As a web designer I have to have access!!!

@Globe8 wrote:

Anyone else having problem logging in to Godaddy.com? Called Godaddy and they advised the problem lies with ISP Rogers. Something on their server is failing to load or transmit Godaddy website to Canadian Customers. This system glitch has been on since tonight from 7pm (EST) it is now 11pm and still unable to load, open or log in to GoDaddy. Most frustrating to say the least. Called Rogers and at first I was told that it was GoDaddy's problem even though I called GoDaddy back and they advised that the problem is NOT ON THEIR END BUT ROGERS and to call Rogers back. Have been on the phone for the past 3 hours being ping-ponged back and forth between these two service providers. The issue is definitely between these two because I can open all other websites that I tried no problem. Only when I type in the search bar:  www.GoDaddy.com the system automatically reroutes the search and opens up https://ca.godaddy.com/ and the site looks funny. Meaning GoDaddy's webpage is black text menu bars scattered all over the page, none of the links work and one cannot sign in. If anyone is experiencing similar please share including any solutions that may have worked for you - as I NEED TO UPDATE MY WEBSITE and this technical glitch is costing me time and money! Arrrghhh!