cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

slow wifi

rileylycnh
I've Been Around

so i believe its been the past 4-5 months that i have been having a problem with my wifi. there are 3 people in my house that use the wifi at the same time and in december january and february there was really no problem at all with speed but i started noticing thing like being disconected from the interne while using wifi with my devices which are laptops and phones. now after being on the phone for an hour with a lady that had no idea what she was talking about kept getting me to check the internet speed which i couldnt because i couldnt be on the internet any longer then 3 mintes before my router would restart she then told me to reset it myself using the usb that the tech had left. after reseting my router the problem was fixed for about 2 weeks and all of our devices were back to disconecting because the router would reboot this problem has since then dissapeared with no explanation but we now have a new problem and that is extremely slow internet while using the wifi when i play online game mainly nhl14 and league of legend i experience extreme amounts of lag but when im connecte through an ethernet cable the lag goes away now i could obviouslyjust connect my laptop and ps3 to my router everytime i want to play but that just takes out of the convienence of being able to play wherever i want in my house i just want to know if there is any way to fix my wifi speed so i dont have to directly hook up to my touter everytime i want to do something.

***edited labels***

96 REPLIES 96

Re: slow wifi

ruoweifang
I've Been Around

My wifi is always glitchy, can't reach certain rooms in the house... tried calling Rogers and they say that after they do their tests, everything seems fine.. But it's really frustrating when the wifi doesn't work. I have the Gigabit Wi-Fi Modem with the Rogers Ignite Gigabit - UNLTD plan. When I tried calling about the wifi not working, Rogers rep suggested that I buy a wifi extender. However, how does that help me if the wifi itself is not even working in the same room as the modem? Also, why am I spending more money on something that should already be working fine? What other options do I have? Can I ask for a rogers technician to come to the house to check?

@ruoweifang can you have a look at the post from @deechezaray and my response to it is here

You might have some challenges in terms of wifi coverage in your own home that might be ultimately solved by buying a router with external antenna, but, I'd look at the settings for your wifi networks and at the wifi environment in order to see what your wifi networks are competing with for clear channel space. 

Personal opinion, wifi issues are best handled by the end user with some assistance from others.  A little help and knowledge can go a long way when it comes to resolving persistent wifi problems.

Blanchard77
I've Been Here Awhile

Hi I'm having a hard time to connect with my Wi-Fi nothing is working my phone and the internet

Have a look at the following post, specifically the wifi settings and looking at your wifi environment to determine the best wifi channels to use:

http://communityforums.rogers.com/t5/Internet/slow-wifi/m-p/399949#M47222

Hopefully the info in the post will provide the necessary assistance.  Let us know if you're still having issues with your wifi. 

Blanchard77
I've Been Here Awhile

Ok but when I check my Wi-Fi it said strong and I'm connect but I can't play game or go on Facebook. Or get email.
But I need to turn off my WiFi and put my data. And I can go play or check email.