slow internet speed issues

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Re: slow internet speed issues

Hello, @jbjbj

Thank you for joining the Rogers Community Forums and sharing your experience. I appreciate posting the Downstream signal levels which are on a little higher side and should not impact the download speeds.  

Usually, on a wired connection for both 250u and 500u packages, you should get a little more than the package speed. 

Would you please also post the Upstream signal levels?

Cheers,

RogersMoin

Highlighted
I've Been Around

I've had Rogers for 11 days... the technicians have been out twice...
Rogers needs to admit there speeds as advertized are wrong...I've had technicians out twice and hours on the phone... the best the can do is 30 percent
Of the speed sell. it does seem to be capped off at a low max or they needto fix their infrastructure.
Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

That is the key part.
It might be a more local issue, something in the infrastructure or the most local node to where you are.

Generally otherwise, in most cases, Rogers is able to provide the advertised speeds, if not more.
I am on the 100u plan, and can regularly get 130+ on wired.
There are others on here on the 250 or higher packages, and are able to get get that or slightly higher regularly.

That would be a question to you, how/where are you doing the testing.  Was it on a wired connection?

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

@Gdkittywrote:

That is the key part.
It might be a more local issue, something in the infrastructure or the most local node to where you are.

Generally otherwise, in most cases, Rogers is able to provide the advertised speeds, if not more.
I am on the 100u plan, and can regularly get 130+ on wired.
There are others on here on the 250 or higher packages, and are able to get get that or slightly higher regularly.

That would be a question to you, how/where are you doing the testing.  Was it on a wired connection?

For the most part, I do get slightly better speeds than the 500u plan I am on.

BUT the past couple of days have been brutally slow, to the point where it takes quite a few refreshes to just login or display any page.

Coincidentally I have had a terrible static issue on my Home Phone over the last three days.

Brutal.jpg

Highlighted

Good morning @TECHHEAD!

Going from better than expected to brutally slow is quite a precipitous drop. I don't want to leave you hanging with speeds like that! If your phone also has static on the line, there must be a physical issue present that we'd need to send a tech to investigate.

Please PM us so that I can run some tests and make the arrangements with you. If you're not familiar with our PMing process, you can find instructions here.

Regards,

RogersCorey

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

@RogersCoreywrote:

Good morning @TECHHEAD!

Going from better than expected to brutally slow is quite a precipitous drop. I don't want to leave you hanging with speeds like that! If your phone also has static on the line, there must be a physical issue present that we'd need to send a tech to investigate.

Please PM us so that I can run some tests and make the arrangements with you. If you're not familiar with our PMing process, you can find instructions here.

Regards,

RogersCorey

@RogersCorey,

Thank you for suggesting some options but I got the internet figured out.

This slowness was eating at me as I have two identical laptops one Win7 the other Win10.

The Win10 was working flawlessly the Win7 was slow as molasses.

After testing/changing patch cables, using another port on directly on the router. It came down to disabling a couple of settings on the network adapter driver.  Found some references on the Interweb about "disabling of offloading"

I am now acheiving 20+ Mb on my upload and decent download speeds when the network/node is not busy.

Just need to call in to have the phone side looked at.

Maybe this might help others that have one system at home that is sluggish.

offloading-001.jpg

offloading-002.jpg