rogers email address

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

rogers email address

I have two roger's email addresses. I will soon change my service from rogers to ACN, which also operates through Roger's. May I keep my email addresses? All my business cards and coresspondence have roge's email addresses on them.

Solved! Go to Solution.

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Re: rogers email address

Maybe @RogersPrasana or another MOD can confirm..

I beleive that you can transition after cancelation, of a rogers email to a @yahoo.ca one.. to at least keep the contents, etc.
But the rogers one itself will be canceled, etc.

(while ACN runs on rogers lines.. its not a rogers service)

One other option you may want to consider.
I have done this myself over time (when moving between locations and did not have any rogers services for a while).
If you do have someone (a family member, friend, etc) who does have Rogers Internet.. you can transfer your email over to a secondary email account on their Internet account.
You would have to call in with both of you there on the phone.. where you can confirm your account, and the other person the same thing.

Be aware with this.. in the end that other person will have FULL control over the email account. 
While they wont have direct access to it (they cant just reset the password, etc and get into it),  they could completely delete it at any time.

View solution in original post

All Replies
Highlighted
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Hi @hh25

Welcome to the Community Forums!

Rogers e-mail addresses are part of Rogers internet package and would not be available with ACN.

@RogersPrasana

Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Maybe @RogersPrasana or another MOD can confirm..

I beleive that you can transition after cancelation, of a rogers email to a @yahoo.ca one.. to at least keep the contents, etc.
But the rogers one itself will be canceled, etc.

(while ACN runs on rogers lines.. its not a rogers service)

One other option you may want to consider.
I have done this myself over time (when moving between locations and did not have any rogers services for a while).
If you do have someone (a family member, friend, etc) who does have Rogers Internet.. you can transfer your email over to a secondary email account on their Internet account.
You would have to call in with both of you there on the phone.. where you can confirm your account, and the other person the same thing.

Be aware with this.. in the end that other person will have FULL control over the email account. 
While they wont have direct access to it (they cant just reset the password, etc and get into it),  they could completely delete it at any time.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Yes,  as @Gdkitty,mentioned there is the option to transition to a Yahoo email address which Rogers would lose control over and would be unable to support.

Transferring to a friend or family member’s account would be the most ideal solution in the case of keeping your email address.

@RogersPrasana

Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

Thanks for your answer, however, I still have my TV and cell phone account through Roger's. In that case, may I keep my rogers' email address?

Highlighted

Good evening @hh25,

I am sorry about this situation.

The Rogers Yahoo! Email addresses are offered to our active Mobile Internet subscribers (wireless) or our current Hi Speed Internet customers.

Have you already terminated your Internet service with us?

In your current situation, your best bet would be to complete the transfer process before the complete cancellation takes place.

RogersMaude