@rogers email account "Extra" reply-To / "Alias" can't be removed. Address @ort.rogers.com

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jand_ottawa
I Plan to Stick Around

@rogers email account "Extra" reply-To / "Alias" can't be removed. Address @ort.rogers.com

What is the purpose of Rogers subdomain ort.rogers.com ?

3 of our "secondary" @rogers.com email addresses have a second choice in the "Reply-To" drop down box (pic 1).

These same show up on the 'Accounts' screen (pic 2).

In all 3 cases, it is the same username portion, but instead of @rogers.com, it is @ort.rogers.com

Capture2.PNG

Capture3.PNG

If you Google this subdomain (in quotes):   "ort.rogers.com" 

you will see the majority of results have to do with cracking/hacking.

Test has revealed that mail to one of these @ort.rogers.com addresses still lands in the usual @rogers.com mailbox.

Searching my inbox, I have received a handful of incoming email actually addressed to one of those addresses - all from .ir (Iran) addresses in a foreign language.

On the accounts screen, when you click into that "(alias)" account, there is a "Remove Alias" button. However, clicking on it leads to an error page:

"Sorry, you must have an active Yahoo! Mail account in order to qualify for an extra email address. You can sign up now -it's easy and it's free."

Capture4.PNG

Capture5.PNG

Capture6.PNG

*edited labels*

RogersRoland
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Re: @rogers email account "Extra" reply-To / "Alias" can't be removed. Address @

Hello @jand_ottawa,

Thank you for your post and welcome to the Community Forums.

I can certainly understand your concern. Let me investigate further and try to get a better understanding behind the extra emails.

RogersRoland

Gdkitty
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Re: @rogers email account "Extra" reply-To / "Alias" can't be removed. Address @

Hmm.. that is interesting..

Was this a yahoo email which was converted/merged with a rogers one?
Or just straight from rogers to start?

I just checked mine, and dont show any of the alias's there..

I wonder, if the account was hacked, and the alias put in there fomr some nafarious means?

jand_ottawa
I Plan to Stick Around

No, not merged; These 3 have strictly only ever been @rogers.com secondary addresses.

malam
I Plan to Stick Around

I have the same problem.  I am wondering if this is an indication of the email getting hacked.

Gdkitty
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

That would be my guess..?

I have 4 rogers email addresses.. 1 primary, 3 secondary.  The primary one, is about as old as a rogers email address can be (It was created durring the rogers @home highspeed beta program going back to 1995).  And not seeing it there... nor the other sub ones.

Kipawa
I'm Here A Lot

Hi, Has anyone else had the rogers (yahoo) email change such that when you compose a message you have a choice of email addresses to send it from? I have a drop down menu with my regular @rogers.com address and another @ort.rogers.com.

Any one know what this is about? Just happened a month or so agao and rogers doesnt seem to be able to provide me an answer! LOL

RogersRoland
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

@Kipawa @jand_ottawa

When you are next online, can you send us a PM to @CommunityHelps? We will try and gather your information and investigate further.

Anyone else in the Community experiencing similar symptoms?

RogersRoland

Shirl46
I've Been Here Awhile

I have been having the same issue: @ort.rogers.com. When I have spoken with Rogers techs, no one can help.

How do I get rid of this alias? It is on all our rogers accounts, not just mine.

TCHP58
I've Been Here Awhile

Yes Roland, I have the same problem.  My other email account was hacked already.  It happened when I couldn't send an email, then there was a pop-up asking me if I wanted to increase my email size in order to send that email, unfortunately I did click "Yes" and at that time I think the criminal hacked into my account.  He did a lot of damage and real losses have occurred.  I couldn't get hold of Yahoo as it appeared that I also need to communicate with them through this type of forum.  Forum is not a good way to tackle real issues and financial losses.  At the same time the criminal is getting away.