cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"@" light off on CG3N and can't connect 192.168.0.1

cvac
I've been here awhile

Overnight my network went down. I can't connect to the router and @ lights is not on. Sounds like a modem issue, but it's only weeks old. Agent said it might be a signal issue? Any ideas on what I can check?

*** Added Labels ***

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: "@" light off on CG3N and can't connect 192.168.0.1

cvac
I've been here awhile
A tech came out yesterday, it was an issue with the wiring outside. Problem resolved, thanks for all the help/pointers.

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9

Gdkitty
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

First thing would be reboot the modem, pull the power, wait 10 seconds, then plug back in.

If it doesnt come back up, then it may be an outage in the area.

cvac
I've been here awhile
Triedthat twice earlier. Support said that there was no issues in the area. What is weird though is that I can't access the modem locally. Normally if it's a network issue I can still logon to 192.168.0.1.

Datalink
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Are the front Upstream and Downstream LEDs solid, or are they flashing, indicating that the modem can't connect / sync with the CMTS?

Is the connected port LED at the back of the modem flashing amber (1 gig connect rate) or green (10/100 Mb/s connect rate) to indicate that the modem is connecting with any given wired device?

When you talked with tech support, did you ask the CSR to run a signal check on the modem, just to see if the CMTS can communicate with the modem?

cvac
I've been here awhile
The upstream is solid, the downstream is flashing. The LED at the back both yellow and green are flashing. When I spoke with the CSR she mentioned that she can't see the device, but indicated there was no network issue on my area.

I just tried a factory reset and same symptoms exist.

Thanks

Datalink
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

CSR indicated that she couldn't see the modem and didn't suggest a tech visit?  Ugh.  Call back, ask the CSR to run a signal check on the modem.  I suspect that it will fail automatically.  That should prompt a tech visit.  If it doesn't, you still need a tech as the modem won't sync up on the downstream channels.  

cvac
I've been here awhile
A tech came out yesterday, it was an issue with the wiring outside. Problem resolved, thanks for all the help/pointers.

Good morning @cvac

I'm pleased to hear that the issue was resolved by the tech. Thank you for keeping us up to date!

Please don't hesitate to PM us directly @CommunityHelps if the issue should reoccur. If you're not familiar with our PMing process, you can find instructions here.

Regards,

RogersCorey

Isdgls
I've been around
Can you please elaborate on how your issue got resolved. What did the Tech do outside.? I'm having a similar issue now so I'm curious.

Hello, @Isdgls.

Welcome to Rogers Community Forums! 😃

Thank you for joining this discussion; I can appreciate your curiosity. 

Do you have only the @ light off? If yes, then it can't be resolved by a field tech. This situation requires a ticket submission to have the modem correctly provisioned on your account. 

If you have the 2nd and 3rd light from the top down flashing along with the @ light off, then this is a signal issue, and it can be resolved by the tech. 

Please keep us posted!

Cheers,
RogersMoin

Topic Stats
  • 9 replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 6 in conversation