outlook

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I've Been Around

outlook

can not send or receive email in outlook

***edited labels***

Solved! Go to Solution.

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
I'm an Advisor

Re: outlook

Hello @mvice,

Here are the directions to configure Outlook 2013 (Windows) for use with Rogers e-mail:

1. Hold WINDOWS key and press R - the "Run" box appears.  Release both keys.

2. Type CONTROL and press [enter] - the Windows Control Panel appears.

3. Look for Mail (32-bit) and click on it.

4. Click E-mail Accounts button.  The "Account Settings" window appears.

5. Ensure you have the E-mail tab selected (first tab), then click New...

6. In the "Add Account" window, click Manual setup or additional server types then click Next.

7. In the "Choose Service" window, click POP or IMAP then click Next.

8. In the "POP and IMAP Account Settings" window, enter the following:

Your Name

- E-mail Address

9. In the Account Type drop-down, select IMAP.

10. In the Incoming mail server field, type imap.mail.yahoo.com

11. In the Outgoing mail server (SMTP) field, type smtp.mail.yahoo.com

12. In the User Name field, type your full Rogers e-mail address (example: JohnDoe@rogers.com).

13. In the Password field, type your Rogers e-mail password (the same password you use at http://mail.rogers.com).

14. Click More Settings button (bottom-right).

15. Click Outgoing Settings tab.

16. Ensure that My outgoing server (SMTP) requires authentication checkbox is SELECTED.

17. Ensure that Use same settings as my incoming mail server radio button is SELECTED.

18. Click Advanced tab.

19. In the Incoming server (IMAP) text box, replace the number with 993.

20. Change the Use the following type of encrypted connection to SSL (using the drop-down).

21. In the Outgoing server (SMTP) text box, replace the number with 465.

22. Change the Use the following type of encrypted connection to SSL (using the drop-down).

23. Click OK.

24. Click Next.

A "Test Account Settings" window will appear, log onto the incoming mail server, then send a test e-mail message.  If the test fails, verify that you entered the correct information in all steps above.  Otherwise, click CLOSE.

25. Click Finish.  You are returned to the "Account Settings" window.

26. Start Microsoft Outlook 2013.  On the left-side, the e-mail you account added will be listed (example: JohnDoe@rogers.com) - click the arrow to the left of your e-mail address to expand it.  Click Inbox, then send a test message to yourself - did it work?

View solution in original post

All Replies
Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Are you having problems with your @ROGERS.COM e-mail address or is it a third party e-mail (g-mail, hotmail, yahoo, your work place)?  if its third party, rogers will not support it, it's unsupported, this means they may not be able to walk you through the troubleshooting, however they are still able to give you the e-mail server settings and hopefully you can figure it out yourself.

Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

I returned from some days away and my Exchange account worked fine, but my Rogers account could not find the Outlook file to connect to. I found where the file was stored and made the connection so I could access the old emails, but no new ones are arriving and I cannot send. Works fine on iPhone, iPad and webmail.

Highlighted
I'm an Advisor

Hello @mvice

Some time ago, configuration for Rogers e-mail in Outlook changed.  Questions:

- Are you trying to send e-mail using your @rogers.com e-mail address, or

- Are you trying to send e-mail using your @yahoo.com e-mail address?

- What version of Microsoft Outlook are you using? Mac or Windows?

Highlighted
I'm an Advisor

Hello @mvice,

Here are the directions to configure Outlook 2013 (Windows) for use with Rogers e-mail:

1. Hold WINDOWS key and press R - the "Run" box appears.  Release both keys.

2. Type CONTROL and press [enter] - the Windows Control Panel appears.

3. Look for Mail (32-bit) and click on it.

4. Click E-mail Accounts button.  The "Account Settings" window appears.

5. Ensure you have the E-mail tab selected (first tab), then click New...

6. In the "Add Account" window, click Manual setup or additional server types then click Next.

7. In the "Choose Service" window, click POP or IMAP then click Next.

8. In the "POP and IMAP Account Settings" window, enter the following:

Your Name

- E-mail Address

9. In the Account Type drop-down, select IMAP.

10. In the Incoming mail server field, type imap.mail.yahoo.com

11. In the Outgoing mail server (SMTP) field, type smtp.mail.yahoo.com

12. In the User Name field, type your full Rogers e-mail address (example: JohnDoe@rogers.com).

13. In the Password field, type your Rogers e-mail password (the same password you use at http://mail.rogers.com).

14. Click More Settings button (bottom-right).

15. Click Outgoing Settings tab.

16. Ensure that My outgoing server (SMTP) requires authentication checkbox is SELECTED.

17. Ensure that Use same settings as my incoming mail server radio button is SELECTED.

18. Click Advanced tab.

19. In the Incoming server (IMAP) text box, replace the number with 993.

20. Change the Use the following type of encrypted connection to SSL (using the drop-down).

21. In the Outgoing server (SMTP) text box, replace the number with 465.

22. Change the Use the following type of encrypted connection to SSL (using the drop-down).

23. Click OK.

24. Click Next.

A "Test Account Settings" window will appear, log onto the incoming mail server, then send a test e-mail message.  If the test fails, verify that you entered the correct information in all steps above.  Otherwise, click CLOSE.

25. Click Finish.  You are returned to the "Account Settings" window.

26. Start Microsoft Outlook 2013.  On the left-side, the e-mail you account added will be listed (example: JohnDoe@rogers.com) - click the arrow to the left of your e-mail address to expand it.  Click Inbox, then send a test message to yourself - did it work?

View solution in original post

Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

Does that mean I have to reinstall my Rogers address in Outlook, or can I fix the version that is already there?

Highlighted
I'm an Advisor

Hello @mvice,

Adding your e-mail address to Outlook 2013 won't effect anything in your Rogers e-mail inbox - you will simply have the e-mail configured in Outlook twice.

To eliminate this duplication, you can remove your existing e-mail profile (in step 5 before clicking New, click your old e-mail address from the list & Remove...you can then click New and continue from step 6).

Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

Thanks, hopefully it works.

Highlighted
I'm an Advisor

No worries! Let us know if you run into any problems.

Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

It worked! I didn't think it had at first, because I got some error messages, but it seems fine this morning.