cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

no email

defazto
I've been here awhile

It's been over 36 hrs with no email and absolutely no way of knowing who has been trying to contact me for business. They say it's a back door problem with themselves switching me over to ignite--I think I am just getting lip service at the tech help desk. I have three tickets on this issue and promise after promise that it will be up and running asap. I think they may have worked harder if they were out of business themselves. I regret now moving to ignite. I NEED MY BUSINESS EMAIL FIXED ASAP

***Added Labels***

13 REPLIES 13

Re: no email

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

I'm confused.  Ignite is a personal service for TV/Internet/Home Phone.  For business one needs separate Business Internet, which is different.  If you're piggybacking your Business onto your home service, that's a different matter and you can't expect the responsiveness you would get if you were on Business Internet. 

I hope that you get your e-mail/internet working ASAP, however, these sorts of issues do arise occasionally when provisioning a new service/modem.  I've had it happen myself with my Internet being down for over a week a few years ago, when simply switching out a modem.  Keep at 'em.  Here's the link to "share a concern" which may help:  You can also PM the Community Helps people here, or use Twitter or FB.

https://www.rogers.com/consumer/contactus/share-a-concern

Gdkitty
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

And as far as I am aware, there shouldnt be really any changes done to the email anyways.
I have 5 email accounts on my rogers account, and had no access issues at all when switching over to Ignite.

I echo what 57 said.
I do understand that many people use just home internet for their business.
But for things like repairs, fixes, etc it doesnt really have any specific SLA's (service level agreements) in place for turn around times, etc.
Business Internet.. while generally physically is the exact same, does sometimes cost a little bit more.
BUT those SLAs are the reason, that they will often have much quick responses and turn around times.

defazto
I've been here awhile
Click here for details
Keep dancing around the issue. Everyone I have talked too knows this service is being used for business and have clearly said they would send it to the appropriate support people to have it up and running ASAP.  you would think regardless of whatever service I signed up for they would send it wherever it needs to be sent to get me up and running. We are now 48 hrs with no email service.

Pauly
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@defazto wrote:

It's been over 36 hrs with no email and absolutely no way of knowing who has been trying to contact me for business. They say it's a back door problem with themselves switching me over to ignite--I think I am just getting lip service at the tech help desk. I have three tickets on this issue and promise after promise that it will be up and running asap. I think they may have worked harder if they were out of business themselves. I regret now moving to ignite. I NEED MY BUSINESS EMAIL FIXED ASAP

Hello there, What exactly is the issue with your email? Are you getting an error message in your POP or IMAP email client? are you able to login to the Webmail to check your email? chances are, webmail should still work if its a issue with a pop or imap server, however if its a totally different issue we would like to hear about it? maybe your mailboxes were not properly migrated over to the new platform?  stuff like these are technical issues and all internet providers can have such issues and do a great job fixing them if you use your internet and email account primarily for business purposes instead of residential purposes, then why have you not signed up for a business internet package instead? they usually have a quicker SLA (Service Level Agreement) and resolve technical issues much sooner. but you should already know that as a business owner.

Gdkitty
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Unfortunately, regardless that you told them that it was for business, that its on a residential service, they dont have the same agreements on uptimes, etc.

I understand that people running their own businesses, especially home proprietorship, need to keep the costs low. 
But its also part of doing business.   It still can be written off as an expense.
If using the internet is very critical to the business, then its important for the business to have a business level internet to be able to support the uptime.
I work at a factory/office area.. and we pay around $800/m for 100/100 internet (fiber direct).  Thats a LOT of money for that speed.   BUT... we also have a 4 hour SLA for them to have someone out, and less than 24 hr resolution.  THATS what we are paying for.
And again as the internet is so important, we even have a cellular backup.  Slow as heck, and we spend $20/m just for it to sit idle.   But its there, just in case if the main one goes down.

As Pauly said though.. what is the exact error, etc that you are getting.
Unfortunately... the techs on rogers back end.. it takes a lot for me to say they are techs.  There are some good ones, but MOST, especially first line ones.. my wife who is not a computer person at all knows more than some of them. 
There may be something that one of us here knows/have seen before and knows another way to resolve (might not be back end at all)

defazto
I've been here awhile
You guys can deflect this subject all you want. I was without email for a week. I wish I recorded all my conversations I had with tech. This forum is so one sided. All I can say is be careful if changing over to ignite that the same thing does not happen to you. I’d be the first guy to acknowledge good service but in this case Rogers gets minus ten and as I promised when someone now asked me about ignite I will tell them my story.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@defazto wrote:
 I was without email for a week.  

I assume it's now fixed? What was the issue and how was it fixed?  This will help us help others so we don't appear "one sided".

Pauly
Resident Expert
Resident Expert
its okay, some people do not want to go into detail what the solution was, its totally their right to not want to provide this info. not everyone on this community is helpful and we know that, but we are trying to help if you don't like it or appreciate it then oh well, nothing we can do. that is your opinion

defazto
I've been here awhile

Holy! --I can't believe you just said "if you don't like it or appreciate it then oh well, nothing we can do" .You aked me what they did to fix--NOT HAVING EMAIL TO RUN MY BUSINESS FOR A WEEK. 

How the heck do I know what they did. 

All I got out of this forum was someone calling me out because I didn't have a business account.

I didn't get one ounce of help on this forum ---just more grief.

Good afternoon folks!

Let's remember to keep it civil, please! Our REs are volunteers here to help but it is difficult for them to offer real assistance if the questions they ask go unanswered. For instance, knowing the exact error you get when you try to send/receive email can be instrumental in leading us directly to a solution.

I am sorry @defazto that we were unable to find a solution for you on the forums but as this is primarily a customer based community, sometimes issues arise that are outside of a customers ability to resolve amongst themselves. This email issue sounds like one of those cases as it was most likely a provisioning issue, which only we can resolve from our end.

If you ever encounter an issue where you to reach us directly for support, you can always shoot us a PM @CommunityHelps where we're more than happy to help! If you're not familiar with our PMing process, you can find instructions here. 

Regards,

RogersCorey

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@defazto wrote:

1. How the heck do I know what they did. 

2. I didn't get one ounce of help on this forum ---just more grief.

1. You could have asked.

2. Actually, in post 2 I stated:

I hope that you get your e-mail/internet working ASAP, however, these sorts of issues do arise occasionally when provisioning a new service/modem.  I've had it happen myself with my Internet being down for over a week a few years ago, when simply switching out a modem.  Keep at 'em.  

As stated by @RogersCorey this was likely the problem, however, I guess we'll never know.

DonL1
I've been around

I just switched and was shocked to find my email is dead - cannot log in on-line or through any mail app "That email address does not exist" I called and I am supposed to check back in 24-36 hours to see if it has migrated to the Ignite servers...  I also found out that ADT does not support Rogers ignite because the home phone is not reliable so I have to pay now for a GSM setup for my alarm.  And one guy said hey this is not a business account so don't expect good service... Well buddy,  What if I were expecting an important email for a job interview?  What if I were expecting an email verification or something personally important?  Forget it - No one cares?  I don't think you are doing Rogers any favors explaining it away as Tough - it is not a business account... 

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@DonL1 wrote:

1.  I am supposed to check back in 24-36 hours to see if it has migrated to the Ignite servers... 

2. I also found out that ADT does not support Rogers ignite because the home phone is not reliable...

1.  I don't believe this is accurate. Your e-mail should have stayed on the Rogers/Yahoo servers. Something else has gone amiss and I suggest you PM the mods here who can be very helpful.  See link below for how to PM.

https://communityforums.rogers.com/t5/Rogers-Community-Forums-Blog/Get-to-know-your-Community-How-To...

2. This is just silly.  The phone connection doesn't even need to change when done properly.  The telephone junction box can be utilized as before for the security system and other home phones if properly connected to the Ignite modem. It sounds to me like ADT just wants to make more money from you.  I use "The Monitoring Centre" which charges significantly less than ADT.  I suggest you may wish to look into them if they're available in your area.

Topic Stats
  • 13 replies
  • 15 Likes
  • 6 in conversation