Let's remember to keep it civil, please! Our REs are volunteers here to help but it is difficult for them to offer real assistance if the questions they ask go unanswered. For instance, knowing the exact error you get when you try to send/receive email can be instrumental in leading us directly to a solution.
I am sorry @defazto that we were unable to find a solution for you on the forums but as this is primarily a customer based community, sometimes issues arise that are outside of a customers ability to resolve amongst themselves. This email issue sounds like one of those cases as it was most likely a provisioning issue, which only we can resolve from our end.
If you ever encounter an issue where you to reach us directly for support, you can always shoot us a PM @CommunityHelps where we're more than happy to help! If you're not familiar with our PMing process, you can find instructions here.
2. I didn't get one ounce of help on this forum ---just more grief.
1. You could have asked.
2. Actually, in post 2 I stated:
I hope that you get your e-mail/internet working ASAP, however, these sorts of issues do arise occasionally when provisioning a new service/modem. I've had it happen myself with my Internet being down for over a week a few years ago, when simply switching out a modem. Keep at 'em.
As stated by @RogersCorey this was likely the problem, however, I guess we'll never know.
I just switched and was shocked to find my email is dead - cannot log in on-line or through any mail app "That email address does not exist" I called and I am supposed to check back in 24-36 hours to see if it has migrated to the Ignite servers... I also found out that ADT does not support Rogers ignite because the home phone is not reliable so I have to pay now for a GSM setup for my alarm. And one guy said hey this is not a business account so don't expect good service... Well buddy, What if I were expecting an important email for a job interview? What if I were expecting an email verification or something personally important? Forget it - No one cares? I don't think you are doing Rogers any favors explaining it away as Tough - it is not a business account...
1. I am supposed to check back in 24-36 hours to see if it has migrated to the Ignite servers...
2. I also found out that ADT does not support Rogers ignite because the home phone is not reliable...
1. I don't believe this is accurate. Your e-mail should have stayed on the Rogers/Yahoo servers. Something else has gone amiss and I suggest you PM the mods here who can be very helpful. See link below for how to PM.
2. This is just silly. The phone connection doesn't even need to change when done properly. The telephone junction box can be utilized as before for the security system and other home phones if properly connected to the Ignite modem. It sounds to me like ADT just wants to make more money from you. I use "The Monitoring Centre" which charges significantly less than ADT. I suggest you may wish to look into them if they're available in your area.