new firmware 4.2.4.5

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I'm a Regular

Re: new firmware 4.2.4.5

Like I said before on my previous post a friend of mine have been doing that for 2 years now with no extra charge at all.
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

He is fully bridged and running two that way?

Or in gateway?

He has two different external IPs?

I'm a Regular

He has the rogers gateway in full bridge mode then he has his on router hooked up. Then he just plugs his Xbox to the rogers bridged modem/gatway to ethernet port 2 and it works perfect with no extra charges been 2 years now.
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Well i guess its ok then..

I would still be warry tho.. again since there is then NO firewall at all infront of it.

I'm a Regular

He's only using it for his Xbox 360 with no problems at all with NAT open
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Obviously there would be no NAT issues.. as there is not NAT infront of it 😛

While not OVERLY common and the likelyness of it happening.. but the xboxes CAN get hacked, etc.

I'm a Regular

Why would anyone want to hack a Xbox?
I'm an Advisor

@lethalsniper wrote:
Why would anyone want to hack a Xbox?

To steal someone's game credentials (and therefore status/rank in various games)?

I know hacking battle.net and Steam credentials was big business, which is why Blizzard/Valve have all those (annoying) two-factor authentication procedures...

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Many people have their xbox live acount all tied with their other MS accounts if they have it... if they can steal that info... then they potentially could have access to MORE... (CC info for your live sub?)

I play a bunch of blizzard games

I agree, the two factor authentication is a pain..
BUT
Makes a big difference in security.

With PC gaming.. its INSANELY easyer to get hacked.. with malware, etc... all it takes is ONE keyloger... and BOOM, your accounts hacked/gone.

Highlighted
I'm Here A Lot

Presently I am only getting a max of 30 Mps on a wired connection thorough my Link sys that his cabled from y modem. If i go direct from my PC I can get an mamazing 300 Mps but it is unreliable for gaming as some of the servers refuse to respond from some reason at that speed.

Firmware 4.2.4.5, hardware version 1A

I can get the other info if needed but like I said the firmware version doesn't seem to be the most recent.

thanks folks

Order Now!
UFC 246: McGregor vs. Cerrone Live
LIVE: Saturday, January 18th 10:00 PM ET
Countdown: 9:30 PM ET
Channels: 348 (HD) | 350 (SD) | Ignite TV 499
Price: $64.99 (HD) | $59.99 (SD) | Ignite TV $64.99
Ignite TV customers can order now!
DTV Customers can order as of January 16th

He's back! Irish superstar Conor McGregor makes his return to the Octagon on January 18, and he's kicking off 2020 with a welterweight showdown against the man with the most wins in UFC history, Donald "Cowboy" Cerrone. Returning to action for the first time since October 2018 in the main event of UFC 246, the two-division champion from Dublin known as "The Notorious" one wants to make a statement against Albuquerque action hero Cerrone, who has picked up five post-fight performance bonuses in his last five bouts.

Topic Stats