new Yahoo page is terrible-how do I get the old one page and keep it

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Re: new Yahoo page is terrible-how do I get the old one page and keep it

Also, if you just dislike the page alltogether, you can shorcut straight to the EMAIL login, if you are only wanting to use that part (like myself)

https://login.yahoo.com/config/login_verify2?.intl=ca&.partner=rogers-acs&.lang=en-CA&.intl=ca&.src=...

(there may be a shorter URL, but that is what i have bookmarked in mine)

I Plan to Stick Around

Thank you!!!  I thought my home page was lost forever!!!

Reset to http://ca.my.yahoo.com/ and saved a favourite as http://ca.my.yahoo.com/ on my pad, my phone and my computer.  That new page is garbage!

I've Been Here Awhile

I inadvertently clicked on the Rogers/Yahoo icon on the top left - now I'm stuck on the crap yahoo email page. How do I get back????

I'm a Trusted Contributor

Try clicking on Tools then internet options. In the pop up there should be an area to type in the URL of the home page you want. Your previous page may even be listed there so just click to make it your homepage.
I've Been Here Awhile

No that doesn't work - it's as if theres some "super cookie" that has locked our account to this new format. Rogers IT doesn't know either. My daughter did more than they did! Oh! Rogers feedback doesn't work either!!
I'm a Trusted Contributor

Sorry that doesn't work for you. I have no other suggestions.
I've Been Around

i hate the new email system that my rogers/yahoo has. i don't want the tracking of all the communications. it doesn't attach stuff when i forward, i absolutely hate it.  i want my email back the way it was before it change in november of 2013

I've Been Here Awhile

Give up! Rogers could not care less! Set up s hotmail or gmail and move your contacts then switch your business/contract to another carrier like Bell. Customer service is not in Rogers lexicon.
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Unfortunately, using any web service.. espeically anything that is tied with a free one
(hotmail, gmail, etc) you are at the whim of the people on the other end.. and whatever changes they so make.
Bell, etc, has done this in the past as well. (bell sympatico internet is through hotmail.. which just change to the outlook.com format and it.. well not great either)

(IE: i never use the webmail for gmail,i cant stand it when they last changed it).

Best way to avoid this is to use a 3rd party program where you know it will not change.

I've Been Here Awhile

The new Rogers homepage is awful!! I see absolutelly no point in making all the changes and hype around these changes when the site is this bad. The formating and font is had to read and follow and I'm about to find a new home page for me and ignore the Rogers. Like the "new coke" add used by Rogers to advertise their new site I give Rogers less than a month to revise this site before all their loyal customers chose another site to follow.

Rogers, I hope you are listening to your customers.

Topic Stats
  • 20 replies
  • 6 Likes
  • 13 in conversation