new Yahoo page is terrible-how do I get the old one page and keep it

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I've Been Around

There has been a recent change with the home page when you sign on-its gone! I had the old rogers yahoo web page with tabs for my favorites in news and weather, quick shortcuts to go to web pages for fast skimming, now that page is gone and I do not like the new yahoo page, all my favorites are gone and you have no way of modifying it at all. I want my old page back, can anyone tell me how to get it back and keep it, the new Yahoo page sucks, it has none of the items i want on a homepage and all the links are useless to me, what a wastge of time, bring back the old page or let us choose what we want, any one got the old page link?

***edited labels***

Solved! Go to Solution.
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Re: new Yahoo page is terrible-how do I get the old one page and keep it

I've Been Here Awhile

Thanks.  That new page is annoying.  The same headline articles have been on display since the switch.  So in addition to stale news there seems like zero customization options.

I've Been Around

I too think the new home page is completely useless and I refuse to even use it anymore.  I have added http://ca.my.yahoo.com/ to my favorites and I immediately go to it.  How in the world did Rogers think we were going to like a page that doesn't let us customize it to the content that we would actually use.  The content on the new homepage hasn't changed in days and is not anything that I was even remotely interested in.  With the amount of money we are paying for Rogers Internet Services they should at least be catering to what their customers want.

I'm a Senior Advisor

Agreed! the new page is one piece of garbage inflicted on us by both Rogers and Yahoo. If you have not already done so, you can also set the http://ca.my.yahoo.com/ page to open automatically in any browser that you use; just change your home page settings. 

I Plan to Stick Around

I simply deleted Rogers as a home page and have added other sources to my home tabs to get the information.

Rogers and Yahoo have simply lost some advertising dollars. 

I'm a Senior Advisor

As mentioned above, you could have just changed your home page to http://ca.my.yahoo.com/ and you would have had your prior page back again! Also, with the use of add-ons like Adblock, Adblock Plus, and Webmail Ad Blocker, you can easily eliminate the annoying advertisements from your Yahoo home page or Webmail if using browsers like Chrome or Firefox!

I've Been Here Awhile

Anybody else find the red text annoying?  I find it hard to read, my solution is to simply go elsewhere.

I'm a Senior Advisor

I find the entire page annoying. I have no clue what Rogers was thinking - certainly not about their customers! You can go back to your old page with the following:

http://ca.my.yahoo.com/

I've Been Here Awhile

Re red text on Rogers pages, if you use Firefox, there is an extension named Toolbar Buttons that has a button you can place on the Navigation toolbar that allows you to easily change page colours.  Changing the Homepage is not an option for me, and sometimes I actually want to stay on the Rogers pages, so changing the page colours to blue makes reading so much easier.  Some other pages features may change as well, small price to pay, at least for me

Topic Stats
  • 20 replies
  • 6 Likes
  • 13 in conversation