massive usage report discrepancies

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Re: massive usage report discrepancies

It's quite possible.
Some root kits especially can just be used to propagate the virus out...

I Plan to Stick Around

Well, removing that virus/trojan made no difference in my usage.  It's still waaaay way out of whack. 

I Plan to Stick Around

I just swithed to CGN2-ROG  25 GBs from my older 25MG modem I am using twice as many MGs per day than I used to on the other modem.  Rogers couldn't help and my tech support guy who had it in for 6 day was not able to find anything wrong with my computer  He said to stay off the internet for 24 hrs.  and he will come here the see whats going on.  Rogers said it must be comming from outside, so today I got them to change my password and Network connection.  Tomorrow I will check my usage and if its still high I will stop using the internet at midnight

for 24 hrs.  Has anyone had this problem with this modem and was it solved? I averaged 21 GBs a month on my last modem.

Rogers Employee borford
Rogers Employee

@Marg1 wrote:

I just swithed to CGN2-ROG  25 GBs from my older 25MG modem I am using twice as many MGs per day than I used to on the other modem.  Rogers couldn't help and my tech support guy who had it in for 6 day was not able to find anything wrong with my computer  He said to stay off the internet for 24 hrs.  and he will come here the see whats going on.  Rogers said it must be comming from outside, so today I got them to change my password and Network connection.  Tomorrow I will check my usage and if its still high I will stop using the internet at midnight

for 24 hrs.  Has anyone had this problem with this modem and was it solved? I averaged 21 GBs a month on my last modem.

Disconnect the power by 10 pm on the first night, leave disconnected the next day and on day 3 it can be reconnected after 2 am. That is a total of 28 hours. Your usage should be zero. There are things that can drive usage such as a virus or Windows 10 update settings. Hopefully you can get to the bottom of the issue.

Brian