lag when playing Ea nhl16 xbox one

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: lag when playing Ea nhl16 xbox one

Problem still persists, ROGERS has not been able to fix the problem. I guess I'll have to switch over to the darkside. BELL here I come.

I'm Here A Lot

I also have the same issue but don't fully understand the trace route. Been having these issues for years on my xbox one with fast speeds and open NAT. Been talking back and forth with Rogers and Ea and they both blame each other. My connection speed is fine and connection with everything works fine except with EA Games. It seems to be a probelm with the hops going towards the EA server. I have checked on EA forums and only a very small amount of people have this issue...

I only seem to get this with EA sports games. I am using a netgear r6300 router with the rogers modem set to bridge. I tried a straight connection and still had the same problem. I seem to be getting a lot of grey packet loss on the hops going towards the ea server.

traceroute.pngI did a second test but this time to easports canada, and I seem to be hoping through amsterdam, netherlands...

traceroute2.png

I Plan to Stick Around

Did anyone figure out there connection issues? 

I'm a Regular

EA nhl 17 online latency

I have spoke to you about having issues with nhl 15,16, and now 17 with still no fix is there ever going to be a fix with high latency and packet loss ? You said Rogers where contacting ea regarding this issue any new update ?

@RogersDave

I'm a Regular

@tangomike88 any new news on this hows your connection to nhl? here is mine whats with the big jump latency on hop2,3 and 4 which i think its rogers servers, plus getting packet loss on hop 8, issue still exists with this game

@Datalink

easo.ea.com.23.png

I'm a Regular

Why can't we play on nhl17 on the Xbox one all of my friends are having the same issue we keep on getting disconnected is there something going on with Rogers and ea ? Have friends on bell no issues @RogersDave